Gypsy "Fly Grazing"

TRADITIONAL LOGGERS

There were hundreds slaughtered in southern Ireland I heard as Irish RSPCA could not cope and gave all owners a time period to send them in free.

Too many rubbish horses being bred from bad stock is also a problem. The French and Norwegians like to eat them. There have been a few stolen and butchered in the fields in this area by Eastern Europeans the local vet informed us.

Will be debarking all those Ash trees which is a shame.

Shoot them and eat them!

Too many of you British being unreasonably sentimental about horses. I love horses, both to work and play with, but when they cease to be useful they are food!

i keep telling the wife this about her horse who i hate (and yes he HATES me, ALOT!), its what happens to my milking cows so why not the horse!

I had a working cow once, she pulled a cart, plow or whatever was needed, had kids ride on her back for fun. She'd come into the kitchen for a cuddle and some food if you'd let her! I loved her dearly and we worked together a lot, but when it was the end we ate her and made it so she was useful to the very end. Her skin was slept on by the house-dog for many years after her death. It's (imo) the most fitting way to honour a working friend.

the horses havent been abandoned though have they... the gypsy's are squatting the land thats all.... its very big problem round here... we rent a block of 125 acres from a private school.. 100 acres arable and rest rough grass with stream running through it.... we've had it 10 yrs now and in that 10 yrs the rough grass has been occupied by gypsy horses and theres nothing can be done about it... the agent strutt and parker have been to court several times tryin to get em out now they've given up and asked me to find out who's horses they are so they can offer them a proper tennancy.. its a joke...

Very similar situation near us Nick.

There is an area approx 70 acres near a very large housing estate, all rough grass and thorn, humps and hills and is covered with tethered horses. Its land that eventually will go for buliding I'd say.

The local kids often go on it with dirt bikes, build dens and generally lark about on there on bikes.

The police regularly raid the area and confiscate the kids stuff and crush the dirt bikes for tresspass and causing damage to property.

I know one guy who's lad of 15 had his bike crushed, asked why was it that the horses stay, and several police said they weren't allowed to impound the horses as they had no where to put them, and they couldn't find the owners!