mates short clip of me.

cerneARB

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry keep it simple to start with then try other stuff slowly slowly catch a monkey
its always best to learn from the basics as i did but im finding new climbers prefer to go straight to the latest technique.in my opinion start with the basics and appreciate the latest techniques but as i said the new lads want to cut out the middle man

just got back from a large dismantle in stowmarket! would have been a great tree for you to have a go at climbing in.

could have given you a few pointers too :D

Where in Stow did you do it josharb867? Pm me if you come this way again, im not far from Steve and Andy..stow town center. Would be nice to see you real pros working.

Cerne

Are you pulling with both arms? Try having both hands under the friction hitch, pull with both, slide hitch up with upper hand.

Try swapping which hand is used for moving the hitch or else your gonna get one arm like hellboy!

pulling with both hands Rupe, but i think my right does a bit more more than my left.

Im sticking with what i know at the moment , when im ready il get a more up todate way of climbing. Lot of mates climb with pulleys and slack tenders..might try that one day.

All coments on my climbing technique is appreicated lads.:001_smile:

Where in Stow did you do it josharb867? Pm me if you come this way again, im not far from Steve and Andy..stow town center. Would be nice to see you real pros working.

a horsey yard off the beaten track to the south west of stow where my sister occasionally teaches

unfortunatly no horsey girls present :sad:

Just the cheap cotton ones with dipped rubber palms, I pay £1 pair in packs of 20.

They aren't as good in the wet, but good other wise there great!

I had been climbing for about 14 years and never worn gloves for climbing ever!

I won a pack in the raffle and thought I may as well give them a try, could not believe how good they were, they fit so tight that you can still tie knots etc, and the grip is soooooo good!

And they do help with the cold too!

Give em a go, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Cheers for the info I will deffo give them a try :thumbup1:

All coments on my climbing technique is appreicated lads.

Ditto the wrapping around your arm bit as suggested, also give it a bit more pelvic thrust :001_tongue:

A quick but VERY unsafe way is to do what batman and robin do ie just pull yourself up quickly :001_smile:

A bit like this

[ATTACH]8058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8059[/ATTACH]

:001_tongue:

Im sticking with what i know at the moment , when im ready il get a more up todate way of climbing. Lot of mates climb with pulleys and slack tenders..might try that one day.

All coments on my climbing technique is appreicated lads.:001_smile:

Definatly stick to how you are doing it. There are no shortcuts and no amount of pulleys will actually make you a better climber. Master each bit as you go along.