big bars

tree monkey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you still have decent power and chain speed with that mike?

Nah it was Pants.

Long Bars usually run Full Skip Chain,Full House Chain is to much even with a 088.

Here are what the terms mean.

Chainsaw Chain, Sawchain information for Chainsaw Mills from Procut Sawmills

When I was Logging in Canada we used Full Skip Tri File,it was the Muts.

on my 3120xp i have a 30" and 42" solid nose bars total rubbish, get very hot,so much they smoke even with hand pumping extra oil through. also really take the power out of it. bought a 36" oregon power match bar with a sprocket on the end and massive difference in power. more importantly it weighs much less also, every bit helps with big saws in weight.

My solid nose 47" or 48" (not sure!) bar on the 088 is a big old beast but i quite agree it does sap power and gets very hot too!

Switched to 36" with much better results.

Run a 36" on the 660 but prefer it with smaller bars whenever size is not an issue.

I tend to run a 36" bar on my 88 but more often I'll choose the 64 with a 25" .

Big engine smaller bar = easy cutting :thumbup:

on my 3120xp i have a 30" and 42" solid nose bars total rubbish, get very hot,so much they smoke even with hand pumping extra oil through. also really take the power out of it. bought a 36" oregon power match bar with a sprocket on the end and massive difference in power. more importantly it weighs much less also, every bit helps with big saws in weight.

So the little pumps you sometimes see on the saws next to the rear handle are for the user to pump extra oil into the system? even though it is an automatic oiler?

cheers :)