Visiting Redwoods

Taupotreeman

Posted this one on my Redwood Forest Facebook page today, and Save the Redwood's League page ... which it looks like they put it up as a "Magic Monday" shot.

Sunrise beaming down the Smith River onto Stout Grove in Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. A view worth remembering.

Smith_HDR_600.jpg.daa4773032e3f2ae77414efdd1e8beb2.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one of the local Banana slug. Apparently Europe leads with the largest slug. The Banana slug is 2nd largest. I put up a new web page yesterday just for the Banana slug.

Found a video where a man tries to eat one fresh !! Added the link to the page below.

Banana Slug >> www.mdvaden.com/redwood_banana_slug.shtml

Look for the video link beneath the photo and keep a bag by your side.

Slug_600.jpg.b765eb4ef6b234d7eecd37afe851dd52.jpg

Posted this one on my Redwood Forest Facebook page today, and Save the Redwood's League page ... which it looks like they put it up as a "Magic Monday" shot.

Sunrise beaming down the Smith River onto Stout Grove in Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. A view worth remembering.

Just me or did someone else notice the little elf at the waters edge bowing toward the sunrise?

Mario, I'd be keen to know what settings your camera is on. I think I may have asked too but what camera are you using? Some cracking photos coming through on here and on FB.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

LOL ...

Let me follow-up on some of the details tomorrow. Just finished a 2nd tall brew ... and that's when I lean toward typing and not so good at delving into data :thumbup1:

But for starters ... for some of the more portrait looking with the heavy bokeh, like the slug, or where I'm photographing people, I'm using a lens that I got for portrait stuff.

Sigma 85mm /1.4

And often I'm shooting it all the way at f/1.4 ... Canon 5D Mk II

Josh_Joy_600.jpg.3a4e4c6f92eb506756cbf545642588da.jpg

Nice Mario. Have just finished work so having A brew myself. That and codeine might not make much intelligible from here on in ;)

Nice camera. Fast lens too. I'm always interested on the settings and gear used as it helps my own photography when I know what settings other people use. It's the easiest way to learn for me and as I say; your photos are very good. I tossed up between the 5d mkii and the 6d as I couldn't afford the 5d mkiii. Went with 6d in the end.

Nice Mario. Have just finished work so having A brew myself. That and codeine might not make much intelligible from here on in ;)

Nice camera. Fast lens too. I'm always interested on the settings and gear used as it helps my own photography when I know what settings other people use. It's the easiest way to learn for me and as I say; your photos are very good. I tossed up between the 5d mkii and the 6d as I couldn't afford the 5d mkiii. Went with 6d in the end.

Mentioned the Sigma 85mm 1.4 that I often shoot near 1.4 for people.

That lens and my Canon 50mm 1.4 has also been rewarding for like flower "portraits" in the redwoods.

As much as possible, whether people or landscapes, I keep my ISO in the 100 to 160 range.

Don't use filters. Have some, but rarely put them on. And for the more part, my better photos seem picking the right spot during the right time of day.

Going to dodge reposting the same photos, but for reference, in post #86, the Smith River photo was also run through Lightroom too. But here's what I used for that one ..

Canon 24-105mm f/4 lens @ 65mm ... ISO 160 ... 1/4 sec. ... f/11 ... taken 6:24am

Nice camera. Fast lens too. I'm always interested on the settings and gear used as it helps my own photography when I know what settings other people use. It's the easiest way to learn for me and as I say; your photos are very good. I tossed up between the 5d mkii and the 6d as I couldn't afford the 5d mkiii. Went with 6d in the end.p

Mentioned the Sigma 85mm 1.4 that I often shoot near 1.4 for people. That lens and my Canon 50mm 1.4 has also been rewarding for like flower "portraits" in the redwoods. As much as possible, whether people or landscapes, I keep my ISO in the 100 to 160 range. Don't use filters. Have some, but rarely put them on. And for the more part, my better photos seem picking the right spot during the right time of day. Going to dodge reposting the same photos, but for reference, in post #86, the Smith River photo was also run through Lightroom too. But here's what I used for that one ..

Canon 24-105mm f/4 lens @ 65mm ... ISO 160 ... 1/4 sec. ... f/11 ... taken 6:24am