leaving for australia any advice?

samladd

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the reply's doesnt sound too bad, the heat will be immense for me out there seen as i havent been on holiday for years, especially working in the heat will be a challenge!

I am out in Adelaide at the moment for a couple of months staying with family,having a look at what the treework might be like etc.seems theres plenty of money in trees over here,certainly the guys I have spoken to suggest that the pay is good,a lot of work is done from mewps and cherrypickers etc, It would be worth getting a book on australian tree species , theres allsorts out here.....mind you, loads of eucalyptus so its not too bad.The heat is a shock to the system but you get used to it,I am not here to work but in the current temperature it would be uncomfortable in chainsaw trousers etc....would be an exciting prospect though to work around places and to see parts of Oz...loads of wildlife and a good experience. Some excellent trees to climb if thats what you are doing here,some really good ones around. Enjoy your stay.....its a good place to be.

Lived there for three years and it is one hell of a country, loved it, mainly Sydney. Perth is more British in its style and feeling. The aussies are great for the Craic and have a good sense of humour, like ours wicked at times. Dont go over there saying how great England is or that they dont do things like they do back home, if an Aussie calls you a Pommie bastard its them being friendly. The outdoor life is so good no more hibernating in winter you will be out all the time enjoying yourself. The money is good and the heat you get used to. Have a good time mate.