dodgers

Yorkshireman

http://www.contractjournal.com/Articles/2008/10/29/61762/pay-loophole-leaves-subcontractors-short-of-cash.html

this is happening

we have a construction company playing, this game with us,

who we have worked for before,

We rec'd request to quote (urgent job) including a report, We did so & forwarded relevant documents.

We have been sent instruction to supply services on 3 occasions.

We have been allowed on site on three separate occasions & carried out work,even having on site induction on completion of the job our works sheet has been signed off by their site manager,

now 4 mths later they still cant pay us,

because their h&s dept cant progress us onto the system because they need further information re our method statement, Coshh forms, certificates of competance.

UTTER BOLLOCKS.........

becareful chaps

Edited by Yorkshireman

i made the mistake of doing a large amount of tree work and fencing work for construction companies/ property developers this year. only just been paid for work i did in march and have been hit with every excuse and bit of paperwork possible in order to delay payment. one company went bust owing me 8 grand in all :( not happy

I tend to stear clear of building companys for this reason, the money looks good but the shite you have to take to get it aint worth it. We do a bit of site clearance but only for the smaller family run builders and then only on 30 day credit max, if they dont like tuff.

We're in a similar duspute with Rok Sol construction. They wanted all kinds of paper work before we started the works, which is fair enough. But we are still waiting for payment after resending them more information and copies of insurance etc...

Why do they need to see our insurance after the job? Just send the check you..... I've sent them a final warning so I guess it will be the small claims court next. Does any one know what a fair amount to add on to the bill is? I know its 8%+ the base rate for interest but can't I add some for them wasting my time?

I have no mercy now, any sign of playing silly Buggers and I file a County Court Claim.

I've been wrangling with the 'Blue Machine' over jobs finished in march, messed me around for months. In the end I filed a CCC - got a groveling phone call the next day offering immediete payment:001_smile:

I have no mercy now, any sign of playing silly Buggers and I file a County Court Claim.

I've been wrangling with the 'Blue Machine' over jobs finished in march, messed me around for months. In the end I filed a CCC - got a groveling phone call the next day offering immediete payment:001_smile:

Good man!!

Some times its all they understand!!

Yep and I think they will only get worse, a couple of contractors I've been freelancing to are still waiting for them to pay up from the early part of the year, and now the contractors are having to jump on the same bandwagon asking if they can settle up when they get there checks through from the Blue Machine, as they say **** only rolls one way:sad:

• 2 weeks later...

I was sent this recently via email

re a large companys attitude to its suppliers

I have removed the specifics which are replaced by **

"Mate of mine in the building trade. Was invited by ** to a 'conference' in a hotel in ** last week. MD / Head honcho was there to address the audience. All sat down, cup of coffee etc. everyone from the man who supplies the nails to the man who supplies the toilet seats:

"good morning ladies & gents, you know who I am, I though it was imperative that I let you all know in person that none of you will be getting paid for 6 months. At the back of the room are some gentlemen with forms with the details of our legal team if you wish to take legal action, however I must inform you now that you will still not get paid and you will never supply ** ever again. That is all I have to say, thankyou for your time, good morning"

nice Eh !

"Mate of mine in the building trade. Was invited by ** to a 'conference' in a hotel in ** last week. MD / Head honcho was there to address the audience. All sat down, cup of coffee etc. everyone from the man who supplies the nails to the man who supplies the toilet seats:

"good morning ladies & gents, you know who I am, I though it was imperative that I let you all know in person that none of you will be getting paid for 6 months. At the back of the room are some gentlemen with forms with the details of our legal team if you wish to take legal action, however I must inform you now that you will still not get paid and you will never supply ** ever again. That is all I have to say, thankyou for your time, good morning"

nice Eh !

What a bunch of b******* :thumbdown:

I hope he got linched!

There are regulations in place that after 30 days you can legally charge an interest fee of 8% + the bank of England rate.

Youve still got to try and get it off them though :mad1:

nice Eh !

Scum!!

I would take legal action to get my money, I would not WANT to supply them again, and I would do all I could to publicize how they treat their suppliers!