England

Mike Hill

The Wehmacht were @@@@@ from the start .... Stalin had intensions of invading the world hence why he executed two thirds of his officer core and moved the whole of his production of weapons far beyond the range of any bombing before the german invasion began , he would of carried on going it's a well known fact ... Hence the cold war! the out come would of always been the same no resource could of beat what he had.... As for the battle of Britain we were nearly destroyed until hitler stopped bombing are air fields

For civillian targets because he thought fighter command were on there knees ... I see this as are finest hour no bombing or invasion of foreign soil just defending Britain !!! For the record easy lift the polish were are best foreign pilots .... Shame America at this stage still couldn't make up it's mind on who's side it wanted to be on.... Bit like the euro now...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wehmacht were @@@@@ from the start .... Stalin had intensions of invading the world hence why he executed two thirds of his officer core and moved the whole of his production of weapons far beyond the range of any bombing before the german invasion began , he would of carried on going it's a well known fact ... Hence the cold war! the out come would of always been the same no resource could of beat what he had.... As for the battle of Britain we were nearly destroyed until hitler stopped bombing are air fields

For civillian targets because he thought fighter command were on there knees ... I see this as are finest hour no bombing or invasion of foreign soil just defending Britain !!! For the record easy lift the polish were are best foreign pilots .... Shame America at this stage still couldn't make up it's mind on who's side it wanted to be on.... Bit like the euro now...

Stalin made Hitler look like an Angel, its only the fact he was fighting with us against hitler that we turned a blind eye to what was happening in Russia to his own people, he killed more of his own people than the Germans did, and they killed 15 million,

As churchill said in 1945 " i think we got the wrong pig".

Horrendous fella that Stalin.

Funny and tragic how things work out over time Matty, thanks for your complement about the Polish esp. due to my blood line. I have little or no doubt who's side America finally wanted to side with after Pearl Harbor and TBH Our Merchant marine service suffered very badly at the hands of the German Navy before Germany declared war against the USA. FDR was playing both sides of the card between the UK and USSR for future political situations that were to take place, some did and some did not. I believe the Euro will in time fade away and as I have stated before the smartest thing for the UK to have done was to not surrender the Pound for a fanasty know as the Euro, BTW I am still trying to figure out how this thread has any thing to do with WSC filing bankruptcy in 1938?

easy-lift guy

Matty. The Russians were in no fit state to wage total war until 1943, afterall they struggled against the Fins in the winter war in 1940

That was a training exercise for things to come. Stalin had no intentions on showing his hand any sooner than he had to. He allowed Hitler to control the war with his ego and disregarded the advise of his generals. Once Stalin could count on continued support from the UK/USA it was only a matter of time before Germany was defeated. I still wondering what this thread has to do with WSC declaring bankruptcy in 1938?. Luftwaffe if you can't tell me why can some one else?:confused1: though not normally.

easy-lift guy

That was a training exercise for things to come. Stalin had no intentions on showing his hand any sooner than he had to. He allowed Hitler to control the war with his ego and disregarded the advise of his generals. Once Stalin could count on continued support from the UK/USA it was only a matter of time before Germany was defeated. I still wondering what this thread has to do with WSC declaring bankruptcy in 1938?. Luftwaffe if you can't tell me why can some one else?:confused1: though not normally.

easy-lift guy

I know what you mean, but Russia was in total panic stations for the first 6 months of Germany invading, suffering catastrophic defeats in every shape and form, the wehrmacht were on the rampage, and moral was high.

As for churchill going bust...... its the 1st thing that came into my head to put in the post. true story though.

Cheers.

There is no point, just spelling out a little known fact about

an ex prime minister, or is a prime minister going bust an everyday event.

But there way a bit off a down turn just before that, known as "the great depression", so I guess quite a few people found it tough.