EX MOD rb44

treedweller

I had thought about buying an rb44 for my next camper build, but after reading up on them thought I would leave well alone, brakes were and apparently still are an issue, front axle as someone else said is a special and you can't get bits , apparently quite a few got slightly cannibalised to keep the others going so you need to be careful you ain't buying one thats been bodged to sell, read up on the amount of time they have been laid up and it's worrying.

From what I could make out is if you could find one that was owned by a utility company they were slightly better

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O licence is an operator's licence and not a problem to get, its the 6-12 weekly checks and plating once a year thats the drain on your money.

Mine, Isuzu 7ton failed last week on a loose fog lamp bulb arsey tester sent it away had to re-book it, I wished I had been there to wish him a merry Christmas. Some times I miss the old Bedford 4x4 12 ton with Hi-ab.

Well if you and whoever you have spannering on it can’t be arsed checking something as simple as bulbs it deserves to fail.:thumbdown:

If you are skimping on little things like bulbs where does it end?

Oh and the exemption is a non starter

Hey , how do you know he did not check it before it went out, you never had a bulb work loose, think before you post, you might annoy folk.

So are you saying it worked loose between the workshop and the test station?

So are you saying it worked loose between the workshop and the test station?

I have taken countless LGV’s to test and have yet to see a bulb work loose. There are thousands upon thousands of bulbs held securely on LGV’s up and down the land. Bulbs simply don’t work loose unless the holder is defective and that would be a maintenance issue.

Sorry if you are annoyed but you will get over it

Edited by skyhuck
Editing quote, not your post

Treedweller my old son, I am going to look into that and if its right then I will de-register, thanks for the heads

think he meant you dont need a cpc if your hauling your own goods.. still need an o licence for anything over 3.5 tons....

my 44 ton artic is run on a restricted o licence [hauling our own goods inconjunction with farming and forestry] and dont need to put a tacho in up to 100km from base.... and thats as the crow flys......

Treedweller my old son, I am going to look into that and if its right then I will de-register, thanks for the heads

think he meant you dont need a cpc if your hauling your own goods.. still need an o licence for anything over 3.5 tons....

my 44 ton artic is run on a restricted o licence [hauling our own goods inconjunction with farming and forestry] and dont need to put a tacho in up to 100km from base.... and thats as the crow flys......

Thats exactly what i was on about restricted o licence its ment to be cheaper and you dont need x amount of grand in the bank etc etc TBH it sounds a bit of a pain for the sake of 2.5 ton payload!! Be aswell with a Bedford TM lol

I also found some examples forsale on the exmod web site ranging from 3.5k upto 7.5k and those have winch on front and only showing 17k on the clock!!! look like they rolled off the production line!!

Main issue seems to be brake servo as they no longer manufacture or recon them but hey why not retro fit something from a another more common truck?? Front axel is a bedford comercial jobby and in iceland they use them on 700hp chevy v8 formula off road buggies!!! No worries there then LOL

Carlsberg dont make arbtrucks so im off to iceland hahaha