Beech Crane Removal

RC0

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great pics, some big lumps being lifted, what was the heaviest?

I did a beech like that recently, very similar size, it took three days with three men, everything had to be liwered and it was a long drag. The tree was about 30 m from a possible crane position; any idea how much a crane with a 35m reach would cost for the day. Judging by your pics i could have done the job quicker and easier by crane, would it have been cheaper?

Thanks guys.

Nick, yes I did but it'll take some sorting out

Gaynor, the core was decayed right from the base throughout the major limbs. Next to a main road with a primary school next door, it was decided to be to much of a liability

Thanks guys.

Gaynor, the core was decayed right from the base throughout the major limbs. Next to a main road with a primary school next door, it was decided to be to much of a liability

Excellent, ill look forward to watching that. Your videos are always and inspiration.

Thanks guys.

Thanks. I realise it was decayed but I know that alone isn't a reason to take a tree down. Thanks for taking the time to explain the location, etc

The big hole in the middle probably had something to do with it.

That alone isn't a reason to fell a tree. There are a great many hollow trees out there that are deemed healthy enough to stay put.

I'd like to think this forum was also a learning tool for people like myself that are trying to educate themselves, without fear of ridicule from some smart-arse.:mad1: