Whats the best firewood to sell to a Pub?

Ted_165

I am supplying country pub with firewood, which wood would be best to sell to them to put on there fires?

Bearing in mind that you could get a few orders from the customers i would sell only dry seasoned hardwood, ash,beech very dry oak, dont be tempted to mix it with softwoods as they tend to spit.

My local have two cubes of softwood a week off me. They light the fire at 8am and it's saved them a fortune on there gas bill. They like the softwood cause it lights easily and it's not to heavy for staff to shift from the log store to the fires. Health and safety at work act!

My only tip is do the pub as your last delivery, stack it for free and enjoy the free two pints for stacking, please remember not to drink and drive, either take the misses or get her to pick you up!

My local have two cubes of softwood a week off me. They light the fire at 8am and it's saved them a fortune on there gas bill. They like the softwood cause it lights easily and it's not to heavy for staff to shift from the log store to the fires. Health and safety at work act!

My only tip is do the pub as your last delivery, stack it for free and enjoy the free two pints for stacking, please remember not to drink and drive, either take the misses or get her to pick you up!

Free 2 pints! Im lucky if I get a coffee, and we stack, last 2 pubs have not even offered a drink.

I would only sell hardwood on an open fire(less spitting) and try to sell S/W for a burner, S/W burns too fast if they have drinkersthat mess with fire and keep it 'open' and let it burn, then they ask for wet logs or hardwood! All publicans seem to moan about how much wood they get through, and will always buy from a customer who offers them a cheap load, even when you've struggled through 2 hard winters in snow and ice to keep them supplied with lovely dry stuff!!!

Pubs are great customers...burn loads & give you free advertising. I happily barrow & stack so that customers can see the nice neat pile.

For a large open fire, burning for effect, I supply 14" logs of the softer hardwood variety. Burn easily without having to pile them on.

• 1 month later...

one local pub that i have started to use recently taken over in summer so building up there trade. Has a very good chef and some of best food around. :thumbup1:

I had a staff and customer meal at xmas after which several comented they would go back soon

i supplyed them with some well seasoned wood which people comented how good they were over the new year .:thumbup:

I had a log sale today and picked up some more customers some traveled 15 miles.

before lunch two of these customers asked if i could recomend a good pub for lunch of which i recomended the said pub as a good atmosphere and warm fire .

having had a busy day and fancying a nice meal i went to said pub.

only to walk in and look at fire which had 3 logs sizzling with steam on a coal base.

I looked and felt a very wet slimey basket of logs .

turned out some one sold them 2 bags of wet slimey logs for £15 a bag less than my 11 month barn stored logs.:confused1::thumbdown:

I supply quite a few pubs and i always try and give them the best i can as its very good free advertising they usually have big fires which means big logs less work and they have fires going all day so need a lot of logs .Plus there is free beer and nice barmaids. That how i met Mrs Woodchopper :thumbup: