Mans best friend

welwell

Hola mr ed, como estas amigo

Didn't go back to spain, I've been in NZ doin power lines, and now got my own little tree care thing going back in Cheshire.

Como son tus perros - better mention dogs or steve will be onto me for thread hijacking soon.

It is simply not true that the scientific community is aligning itself with religion.

2012 is old hat Andrew. I spent some time in the Yucatan studying the 2012 Mayan cult.

This has all got pretty heavy hasn't it? I kind of like it that way.

I maintain an open mind, although like you I have difficulty accepting the ideas of people who maintain a conviction that it all changes in 2012.

No the change I refer to is that of an understanding and appreciation of what consciousness really is, and the realisation of what it means to live in an in-formed universe…….

The revolution is one of human relationships with each other and our environment in which we live, that includes other animals, plants, insects, microbes and so on…..

Growing up in a scientific family I take more from science than religion, but having said that both my parents are regular church goers, and that despite the fact my father was a teacher of fungal genetics in the school of botanical science London University……

For myself, I am still reading philosophies, theories and hypothesis, and it is amazing how so many of them are working their way around to the same ideas yet from different backgrounds….

For your interest I have included just a short list of books I have recently read……although as for how much I have managed to absorb is another matter……some of them I am still working through……..

Parallel Worlds: The science of alternative universes and our future in the cosmos

By Michio Kaku

From Science to God: A Physicist's Journey into the Mystery of Consciousness

By: Peter Russell

Quantum Shift in the Global Brain: How the New Scientific Reality Can Change Us and Our World

By: Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything

By: Ervin Laszlo

The Consciousness Revolution

By: Peter Russell

Radical Knowing: Understanding Consciousness Through Relationship (Radical Consciousness Trilogy)

By: Christian De Quincey

Brief History of Everything]

By: Ken Wilber

The Integral Vision: A Very Short Introduction to the Revolutionary Integral Approach to Life, God, the Universe, and Everything

By: Ken Wilber

And here is a little more for the committed amongst you.....

From 'Mans best Friend' to who knows where.......

In no particular order

0. Radical Nature & Nature Has a Mind of Its Own _ Christian de Quincey.doc

0. Global Mind Change.doc

0. Consciousness- Thruth or Wisdom - Christian de Quincey.doc

0. An Integral Theory of Consciousness.doc

Hey Andrew. I have down loaded two of Russel's papers and have read one of them so far. I think I have the thrust of his ideas and have heard them before in slightly different terms. Very interesting and I'm sure very seductive. All is well until he suggests that the self exists outside of oneself and by doing so is then able to shoe horn god into the theory. Why when confronted with questions of such importance or magnitude do people fall upon this poor explanation? what's wrong with not knowing? I am a Militant Atheist Andrew, I do not believe in the irrational or superstitious. But Iam a fan of meditation esoteric science eastern mysticism and science fiction. I am a firm believer in the ever changing scientific model of existence and eventually I know all this hocus pocus delusional religion will be answered with science. That said all such things are enormously entertaining and interesting, and for that i thank you for your book list and links to these papers. i will in time read them. but as you must appreciate, this forum does not operate on such atime scale.

We must have a chat sometime about the mag and stuff. I used to write for the first incarnation.

laters dude.

On todays job the client returned home as we were clearing up, he asked if it was ok to let the dogs out, we said ok. Then i heard a commotion round the back of the house, a poodle had bitten Andrew on the arse, it drew blood. Just as well it was'nt me as i'd have booted its arse all round the garden. The client was just like, she's just protecting our property!!

Thing is it was'nt their dog, they were looking after it as the owners had got the painters in and it "was'nt good with people" ....Ya don't say.

On todays job the client returned home as we were clearing up, he asked if it was ok to let the dogs out, we said ok. Then i heard a commotion round the back of the house, a poodle had bitten Andrew on the arse, it drew blood. Just as well it was'nt me as i'd have booted its arse all round the garden. The client was just like, she's just protecting our property!!

Thing is it was'nt their dog, they were looking after it as the owners had got the painters in and it "was'nt good with people" ....Ya don't say.

Thats out of order.Like you,I'd have thrown it over the house.

No excuses, get a claim in. I really am not the type to claim and hate the claim culture, but that is when they deserve it, utter stupidity IMO.