Royal Marines?

Jesse

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCD you do live in a nice place, right on the edge of the moors, its lovely.

ive been considering rubber daggers since i left, but thinking more maritime now as theres probably less hassle and no drill:biggrin:!

apparently actually being on board is mostly pretty boring, but you get to go and see some great places. the chances of being boarded are pretty low and most of the time if your doing an armed transit the pirates wont even bother, they just find the easy targets.

civvies are hard work sometimes :lol: but thats why i work by myself mostly!! TBH i found myself taken advantage of when i first left, you get so used to taking orders and saying yes without really thinking about it, the bloke i worked for soon realised this and i did some hairy climbs and dodgy work before i snapped out of it:thumbdown:.

oh yeah and the horses are still there at bickers, over the road by the officers mess!

hi Mark its security shipping or maritime protection- anti piracy insurance comps insist on it now and its royal marines who do it, even old sods like me are getting offers and at 300 sqwid a day its tempting.

There's a lot of talk about this in Ply at the moment. My mate Phil has quit arb and is on exactly this @ £300 a day somewhere off east africa / somalia. Another mate Brian, former Marine now Cop gets retirement next year and hopes to go for this too...

There's a lot of talk about this in Ply at the moment. My mate Phil has quit arb and is on exactly this @ £300 a day somewhere off east africa / somalia. Another mate Brian, former Marine now Cop gets retirement next year and hopes to go for this too...

indeed, i reckon 80% of my mates that have left are doing it or going to do it.

its more money and alot less risk than staying in the marines and touring afghan:thumbup1:

TCD you do live in a nice place, right on the edge of the moors, its lovely.

ive been considering rubber daggers since i left, but thinking more maritime now as theres probably less hassle and no drill:biggrin:!

apparently actually being on board is mostly pretty boring, but you get to go and see some great places. the chances of being boarded are pretty low and most of the time if your doing an armed transit the pirates wont even bother, they just find the easy targets.

civvies are hard work sometimes :lol: but thats why i work by myself mostly!! TBH i found myself taken advantage of when i first left, you get so used to taking orders and saying yes without really thinking about it, the bloke i worked for soon realised this and i did some hairy climbs and dodgy work before i snapped out of it:thumbdown:.

oh yeah and the horses are still there at bickers, over the road by the officers mess!

So thats where theyv all gone, shooting seagulls!!!, nice to meet you, you must try and turn things around, i too was taken advantage of when i first left, the problem is we are so keen when we first leave, but i have now turned things around, it has taken some years of study,

and i am now as high as i need to be Q wise that is , M.Arbor.A PD Arb was my end goal but im not sure i will bother now, im old and worn out, still climb, but at 300 a day shooting seagulls sounds more fun:thumbup:

does it count that i was in the marines for a short time at 16 but had to come out after a bad motorbike accident and i couldnt complete the training?

Hi Buttons , caurse it does, brothers for life, once a marine always a marine:thumbup1: hope you got over your bike accident, hows work now? are you into trees and climbing or have you had to give it up? theres always consultancy work.