Mice!!

Hodge

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you do that??????:confused1:

I think he means the mouse put the nuts in his boots Dave, it's happend to me before now when I left my boots in my garage, I came back and it was full of silver foil and bird peanuts??

I've had them chew through a fuel return-pipe in the car recently, I left a 2.5 mile trail of diesel to my daughters' school:blushing:.

I've found the best mousetrap ever though:

Drill a hole through the middle of the lid and the middle of the bottom of a small plastic drinks bottle, short fat ones are best. Insert a cane/stick/rod through the bottle, making sure the bottle turns freely and does not have a "heavy side" (if the hole is not in the middle, the bottle will always be the same way up:thumbdown:).

The rod/cane wants to be 10 to 15mm diameter.

Put a line of peanut butter in a ring around the middle of the bottle.

Place rod+bottle over a bucket, I put 4" of water in, but if your bucket is deep and smooth you won't need to.

The mice want the peanut butter, balance along the rod, try and climb on the bottle to get it. The bottle then spins and the mouse drops in the bucket:thumbup1: If you're a hartless bar-steward like me the mice drown, but you could collect them in your bucket and move them out. Make sure they're at least 2 miles away if you release them or the little buggers will come back!

Because the bottle just spins it's ready for the next mouse straight away and does not need attention until the water starts smelling (20 mice or 10 days, whichever comes first) or the peanut butter needs re-applying (once or twice a month, depending on choice of PB)

I've caught countless numbers of them this way, the best result was 15 in 24 hours. :thumbup:

I like the look of this trap

Pictures aren't mine but looks very simple

If it works (?) it'll catch one mouse...

Try my suggestion, it'll cost you nothing but some effort and it keeps on catching, and catching and catching....:thumbup:

looks a fun one for the kids though.