What time do you start work?

porky

Today I had a rant from an affleunt neighbour that 0830 was too early to start making "chainsaw noise". Seems reasonable to me.

Had the same thing a couple of months ago,some runt moaning it was his only day off.Iwas seething after he called me a w****r and dying to punch his lights out,but unfortunately you,ve just got to put up with it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a way to start the day!!:001_tt1:

What kinda trees you working on in Bermuda?

It's fine as long as the wind is not blowing too hard, otherwise I get covered in salt spray on the way to work!:thumbdown:

Types of trees are mainly sub-tropical, Poinciana, avocado, palms, Albizzia, Schinus, Cocoloba Aurucaria and many others, the one in my avatar is Casuarina, now considerd invasive, good for nothing but firewood.

I'm up at 0600 and in the yard with a stout breakfast in me by 0700. Usually home by 1700-1800...if I do a six day week thats usually a good 50-60 odd hours. I don't know what the boys in Brussels would make of that!

After the Egg Mc muffins and coffee's from the drive thru we never usually get on site before 9, then we often work up to 4.30-5.

On a few occasions we've started work in the centre of Bristol at 6am and didn't get any complaints.

occasional longer days. Evenings and weekends quoting. Not too often tho thankfully. Proper work.

Summertime 9:00 - Back to yard 5 or 6

Wintertime 8:00 Back to yard between 4 and 5

Wouldnt start chainsaw until 8:30 if I can help it.

Did a job for a local small firm, thay got me to taeir yard by 6:45am! we then loaded up their stuff (My eq. was already sorted), had a cuppa tea, chatted........ I was just thinking I could have spent another hour in bed!

Eventually I hit the first bit of tree at 7:45 and was asked to keep the noise down until 8:30 so we had another cuppa... I was booked out on one of my own jobs at 10:00 and getting pissed off and tired by then.

Early mornings are for lumberjacks and Welsh forrest workers.

Depenps what is planned for the day, recently 4.00am getting dexters ready for slaughter. Once there off fill charcoal kiln, tree felling for rest of day back by 3 to pic me kids up from school. Other days take kids to school go home do a bit of wood turning, hand carving finish at 3 again for kids.:001_smile: