Rope Wrench feedback

Rumour has it the last version was a re-print despite it being widely known to contain errors!:confused1:

It'll get there though, and there seem to be more srt users every week. On the plus side,i start a new job in a week and my new boss has no beef with srt work positioning. :thumbup:

No rumor it was :biggrin:

Yeah although i think the industry work positioning has made a huge jump forward because of the Unicender and Rope Wrench.

Is the new job back in Norfolk or still up Lincoln way?

Norfolk/suffolk border. I got fed up being away from the mrs.

Just got to wait for the uni to get ce approval, that might add some weight to the case. Or maybe the hold up is related to srt work positioning being naughty, and approval might mean someone has

to revise the IBP?!

Norfolk/suffolk border. I got fed up being away from the mrs.

Just got to wait for the uni to get ce approval, that might add some weight to the case. Or maybe the hold up is related to srt work positioning being naughty, and approval might mean someone has

to revise the IBP?!

Was it the job advertised on here a while back?

Chris Gotfred is currently putting it through for the CE tests i'll see him in April so i'll get the lowdown then and he said i could give it a good bash around a trees too. :thumbup1:

IBP needs to be revised and all us all day to day SRT WP climbers are adding weight to forcing the industry to move forward and not get a re-print. :lol: SRT RA is good but when you can do that then go to work its even better. I've even been looking into the differences in safety between the two and the only real risk is if a base anchor gets cut or top anchor fails from the extra pressure applied from the base anchor. But on the flip side a base anchor 'could' lower you if your not stropped in.

Was it the job advertised on here a while back?

Chris Gotfred is currently putting it through for the CE tests i'll see him in April so i'll get the lowdown then and he said i could give it a good bash around a trees too. :thumbup1:

IBP needs to be revised and all us all day to day SRT WP climbers are adding weight to forcing the industry to move forward and not get a re-print. :lol: SRT RA is good but when you can do that then go to work its even better. I've even been looking into the differences in safety between the two and the only real risk is if a base anchor gets cut or top anchor fails from the extra pressure applied from the base anchor. But on the flip side a base anchor 'could' lower you if your not stropped in.

May have been,i don't think so though. I'm not sure it was advertised at all.

Ddrt puts extra load on anchor points, so no real change with that. Cutting shouldn't be an issue, you'd have to be working with a proper moron. Rigging could present problems with tangling on base anchors though. I guess the last bit could make issues for IBP, on one hand, if you're working properly and have an accident, you'd be stropped in and not lowerable, on the other, you're not stropped in when working so not nessecarily heeding advice anyway. Excluding accidents when moving position of course.

Would be interested to see what you think of the uni, I missed a chance on it last year due to injury. I had an idea for an srt positioner today, all in one unit, it could make me millions......if I ever get it made.

May have been,i don't think so though. I'm not sure it was advertised at all.

Ddrt puts extra load on anchor points, so no real change with that. Cutting shouldn't be an issue, you'd have to be working with a proper moron. Rigging could present problems with tangling on base anchors though. I guess the last bit could make issues for IBP, on one hand, if you're working properly and have an accident, you'd be stropped in and not lowerable, on the other, you're not stropped in when working so not nessecarily heeding advice anyway. Excluding accidents when moving position of course.

Would be interested to see what you think of the uni, I missed a chance on it last year due to injury. I had an idea for an srt positioner today, all in one unit, it could make me millions......if I ever get it made.

I did wonder about a RW strop combo which could run a 3:1 motion. Might be pricey tho.:lol: