Rope Wrench feedback

It seemed to pull around the shoulders and neck when work positioning. I found the hand ascender with a foot loop, lanyard over the shoulder and a pantin works best for me. The lanyard is on the ART positioner so no problems adjusting to fit. Some people use a thin bungee round the neck.

It seemed to pull around the shoulders and neck when work positioning. I found the hand ascender with a foot loop, lanyard over the shoulder and a pantin works best for me. The lanyard is on the ART positioner so no problems adjusting to fit. Some people use a thin bungee round the neck.

Cool. I don't like the round the neck idea with anything.

Maybe I'm getting too carried away with the Secure harness and just talking myself into more and more gear. Good thing it's not shiny cos I'd buy it anyway. Such a magpie!!

So im just in from the Norfolk Arbtalk Reccy climb and we had 2 RW working and had some good findings.

1) Rad can be annoying with the LJ combo

2) Ascending use a pantin and place one hand above the RW and the other on the RW to advance it = No bunching up.

3) LJ holds even on a single line without the wrench (i will put pictures up later)

4) Weve got some footage

5) I can bomb out of the tree as quick if not quicker than my SJ DRT

6) You can still easily decend if the line below you is tight and at and angle.

7) We put the line through some serious angles that would result in DRT being stuck

8) I'll make the video up as we used both the GoPro's

...The best system I think might be the really basic Petzl chest harness...Anyone got one?

The Torse is what I use. It is worth taking the time to get used to wearing a light weight shoulder strap like either one of these.

Most climbers wear their climbing harness too high because that is the only way they can keep them up. With a shoulder strap system, you not only gain an upper attachment point for tending things, you will also be able keep your harness lower on your hips without it falling off.

Dave

petzltorse.jpg

..3) LJ holds even on a single line without the wrench (i will put pictures up later)...

Just remember that single line characteristics are beyond the engineering that went into the Jacks, I believe. Some testing on point and type of failure should be done to ensure they are acceptable.

Dave

Just remember that single line characteristics are beyond the engineering that went into the Jacks, I believe. Some testing on point and type of failure should be done to ensure they are acceptable.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yeah thats why were testing them to see if they hold up and are able to work the line and the bend angle it creates in the LJ vs angle of bend.

So im just in from the Norfolk Arbtalk Reccy climb and we had 2 RW working and had some good findings.

3) LJ holds even on a single line without the wrench (i will put pictures up later)

I agree, the the LJ hold on a single line but it is not straight, it's twisted as the rope channel is not in line with the harness attachment point. This is because it's designed for DRT.

As soon as the RW is doing its job the LJ sits perfectly as a mini DRT system is created.

I have not tried yet but I believe the SJ will be ok as the rope channel and bottom attachment are in line.