Rope Wrench feedback

My first go today on the rw, I'll admit I wasn't blown away by it but neither was I by the lj 8 years ago. The lj is actually smoother with it than drt. For just scrambling up a tree I can't see any advantages over drt. You must use your pantin alot more as it puts more pressure on your shoulders pulling with your arms. The main annoyance is that if you've been climbing with your weight off the line when you sit back into it it stretches loads. So I believe you need to tie off at the top to prevent this. The 3 to 1 idea is good but maybe a touch slower than I prefer over drt and it means more rope which I find messy. Of course I'm just learning. It's great popping through forks. Just a pain if you want to move back to the otherside of the tree. While you can use retrievable redirects with drt

Ian Flatters, I notice you have a right handed hand ascender and a right foot Pantin.

Would it be better to have them as opposites so that the foot loop is not crossing from right hand to left foot? Maybe it doesn't make any difference, I'm just curious.

Thanks.

I suppose you should have a right and left but I have both right as I can not bring myself to buy an unfortunate bit of kit(left handed). I have the ISC ascender, it's quite bulky but I like the ability to be able to use the locking cam to secure the rope in place.

I suppose you should have a right and left but I have both right as I can not bring myself to buy an unfortunate bit of kit(left handed). I have the ISC ascender, it's quite bulky but I like the ability to be able to use the locking cam to secure the rope in place.

Would there be a disadvantage with the Petzl ascender? It's a bit cheaper.

Also, would the ideal thing be a double hand ascender?