Rope Wrench feedback

Cool Adam. I would do something to stiffen the top of the tether as that will stop the RW flopping down so much.

Also, I used to use a length of eye2eye but changed to tieing my own knots because I can make the hitch shorter and get less sit back.

Jones' keep 75cm 8mm Yale e2e now... I'm using one in standard Ddrt on my HC, you can get a really short VT out of it....!

Had my pin pop out randomly during descent on friday, luckly was over a patio so found it but was a close!

Looks like it caught a strand, which depressed the catch and jammed it...this happenned to anyone else?[ATTACH]104635[/ATTACH]

Not good dak,

Not yet but would seem real freakish for it to do it anyway, and super freakish for it to get stuck that it exits both holes. :confused1:

Be nice to no if anyone else has had it happen also:001_huh:

Always carry a figure of 8 with me for just that reason of the wrench not being there for whatever reason :thumbup:

Edited by Adam Bourne

was only about 10m up, used my fig8 to descend.

freakish indeed, but all good, hitch caught me. We gave up looking for the pin, and magically appeared so was well chuffed :)

Would be gutted now if something happened that I was unable to use the wrench, even contemplating on getting another wrench and a few Spare pins just incase :biggrin:

Not used it with the lock jack yet or on my Aries so seem as though I have wet ropes again tomorrow might be the day:thumbup1:

My tether from the wr to hc is aprox 3''. having read that most are 6'' is their a reason for this?

The only prob I find is that the wr & hitch sometimes are hard to separate when so close.

My thoughts are however on the track of is their an optimum angle at which the wr when engaged performs better/safer?

I've got a row of connies to take out down a driveway over a telephone line.

It's simple spike up, cut and chuck then chog down.

A constant source of annoyance for me is having a tidy Ddrt back up / descent line in place when chogging down which is easy to take down with me, I can never find a neat way of attaching to the stem so I end up cluttered.... Unless anyone can come point me in the direction of a minimalist solution to this using the kit I have I'm thinking that SRT would be a good solution for this. I know ascent is supposed to be where SRT really wins but I've never found bodythrusting ddrt to be a major issue to me... besides, I'm getting podgy round the middle so need all the exercise I can get....

I climb Ddrt on an HC/Aeris which is supposed to be good for SRT, so all I need is an RW & tether [& pantin if I want to go back up] right....?

What length Quickdraw sling you decide on in the end Adam....?

Am I doing the right thing here....? In my cost conscious mind I'm not shelving any of my existing kit, just adding to it, with the exception of my MultiSaver perhaps, but that will still be used if I work ddrt.... so opening up the world of SRT and dabbling with the RW appeals to me more than a mechanical hitch system....:001_huh: