Rope Wrench feedback

adam is it honestly THAT much better? i really want one but keep putting it off because of the whole switch over thing, and the fact i havnt worked with a hitch in 4 years because iv been on spiderjack, everytime iv had to use a hitchclimber iv hated it

Yes mate it really is that much better I honestly can say I would probably never go down the Drt road again but it's still early days yet mate, at the minute it's Srt all the way for me :thumbup1:

I'm yet to make the switch Iv had the rw 6 months now but I really haven't given it a shot yet, there's things I can do on my sj that I won't be able todo on srt!

What is it you think you won't be able to do mate:001_smile:

There's nothing you can not do, redirecting make the climb easier and millions time more efficient seriously give it ago mate :thumbup1:

I'm yet to make the switch Iv had the rw 6 months now but I really haven't given it a shot yet, there's things I can do on my sj that I won't be able todo on srt!

I'm guessing you mean self tailing? If so, you can, you've just got to teach yourself the right movement. It's a big learning curve but you won't miss the sj once you get srt fluent:thumbup1:

I'm guessing you mean self tailing? If so, you can, you've just got to teach yourself the right movement. It's a big learning curve but you won't miss the sj once you get srt fluent:thumbup1:

It's just say when I'm working on a pole and my anchor point is on a different leader when spiking up with the sj I can hold my position and tail it threw but srt it's a lot more awkward you need two hands todo so, one to take up line stretch and the other to tend the hitch.

I think you're worrying too much mate. It'll feel weird at first but go for it. You'll be able to do everything srt that you can ddrt, and more besides!

I know exactly the situation you describe but you'll work it out. Remember, it's a change and new set skills to be learned so you need to give it a chance before you can get flying on it

I think you're worrying too much mate. It'll feel weird at first but go for it. You'll be able to do everything srt that you can ddrt, and more besides!

I know exactly the situation you describe but you'll work it out. Remember, it's a change and new set skills to be learned so you need to give it a chance before you can get flying on it

Well said mate took the words out my keyboard :biggrin::thumbup1:

Your dam right dan! I just don't find the time at work to make the switch but I really need to as I can see the benefits for sure.i look forward to seeing you at the recy so you can show me some tricks.

The easiest way is to leave your DRT kit at base and make yourself use SRT. Once you immerse yourself into it theres few occasions you'll go back. Today i had a quick maple failed branch to remove decided drt.......... what a pig! SRT line in, redirect, cut, remove redirect, collect anchor, done in 15 mins, DRT 25 mins. :thumbdown:

The easiest way is to leave your DRT kit at base and make yourself use SRT. Once you immerse yourself into it theres few occasions you'll go back. Today i had a quick maple failed branch to remove decided drt.......... what a pig! SRT line in, redirect, cut, remove redirect, collect anchor, done in 15 mins, DRT 25 mins. :thumbdown:

👍. Ian if you can't get your tip from a throwline do you ascend the tree from the bottom drt then switch to srt when your anchor is meet. I bet these questions have been asked but I really don't want to have to go all the way threw the pages😀.