Rope Wrench feedback

The strop away from the fork is a great idea, yeah i'm enjoying it, it feels very natural working one rope and like (i think) Cary says "tree chess" thats very true. I love that i'm back to a hitch i just in the last 3 months bought a SJ for Ddrt but i'm just so sick of fighting friction. With any luck i can transition into full time srt without losing to much productivity wise before i bought the RW i was doing pretty much all my ascending srt then swapping over to Ddrt so it shouldn't be too bad it'll take a while to come to terms with the 1:1 weight management but i spose that is all part and parcel i remember reading somewhere that using the RW that you've gotta climb the tree more instead of the rope.

Ok first ever post on Arbtalk here goes. Been following this thread since the start and at first was a bit sceptical as to how effective the wrench would be. Even considered getting a spiderjack but decided against that and went a ahead and purchased the wrench. What a revelation it is. I've been climbing for the best part of 20 years (from prussick to blakes hitch to VT) and am pushing 40 but this has totally revolutionised tree climbing for me. The fact that there is no friction on the line at all is amazing and the effortless redirects using a sling and carabiner or dropping through a fork to gain a stable work position is something you just can't acheive in the same way with ddrt. All praise to Kevin Bingham for creating such a simple device that works so effectively and a big thanks to all the lads on this thread for all there ideas on wrenching techniques. Cheers:thumbup1:

Ok first ever post on Arbtalk here goes. Been following this thread since the start and at first was a bit sceptical as to how effective the wrench would be. Even considered getting a spiderjack but decided against that and went a ahead and purchased the wrench. What a revelation it is. I've been climbing for the best part of 20 years (from prussick to blakes hitch to VT) and am pushing 40 but this has totally revolutionised tree climbing for me. The fact that there is no friction on the line at all is amazing and the effortless redirects using a sling and carabiner or dropping through a fork to gain a stable work position is something you just can't acheive in the same way with ddrt. All praise to Kevin Bingham for creating such a simple device that works so effectively and a big thanks to all the lads on this thread for all there ideas on wrenching techniques. Cheers:thumbup1:

Hi and welcome.:thumbup1: