EXTREME precision falling

dadio

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This quote is contradictory. 'you're just putting the cuts in the right places'....ermmm thats what you do to make a tree fall in the right place. The bobcat is just to get her going. Either you are quite inexperienced or you are simply looking for something to pick at.

Perhaps you can put some videos of your work up?

And a note to all others...i'm absolutely sick and tired of all Dadios videos being picked apart by the same mob on here(along with a few new ones who have decided to get in on the action). Perhaps if you could all contribute your own videos rather than being armchair critiques seemingly for your own kicks, the whole forum might be a better place.

I'm going to be watching this thread very closely.

thanks

I'm only suprised he's still post's at all. I dont think I would having to endure the kind of spite that comes across in Dans thread....maybe you have to be part of it to see the funny side:confused1: Has anyone here even met him?

Ask questions by all means if you weren't actually there with him, dont just look for oportunity to pass a damming judgement.

Dan thanks for taking the time to post your vidoes on Arbtalk. Whether I agree with everything or not they offer food for thought. Your implementation of the VSL, while simple was probably the most impressive for me. And thanks for at least retaining a sense of humour (Dadio) throughout it all.

Andy Collins started a thread called 'flaming' a while back, lets all bare that in mind in keeping it civil and constructive guys.

Edited by Steve Bullman

I'm only suprised he's still post's at all. I dont think I would having to endure the kind of spite that comes across in Dans thread....maybe you have to be part of it to see the funny side:confused1: Has anyone here even met him?

Ask questions by all means if you weren't actually there with him, dont just look for oportunity to pass a damming judgement.

Dan thanks for taking the time to post your vidoes on Arbtalk. Whether I agree with everything or not they offer food for thought. Your implementation of the VSL, while simple was probably the most impressive for me. And thanks for at least retaining a sense of humour (Dadio) throughout it all.

Andy Collins started a thread called 'flaming' a while back, lets all bare that in mind in keeping it civil and constructive guys.

Glad you liked the vertical speed line vid Reg.. It wasn't explained at all on the video, and the VSL was hard to see on screen, so it went right over a lot of heads.. It's extremely rare that I'll have a need to use it, as I rarely drop tops that have any chance of hanging up. I expect you'll put it to good use from time to time, on those west cost monster conifers.

Thanks for the compliments and thanks to all of you for your kind words and encouragement.

This quote is contradictory. 'you're just putting the cuts in the right places'....ermmm thats what you do to make a tree fall in the right place. The bobcat is just to get her going. Either you are quite inexperienced or you are simply looking for something to pick at.

Perhaps you can put some videos of your work up?

And a note to all others...i'm absolutely sick and tired of all Dadios videos being picked apart by the same mob on here(along with a few new ones who have decided to get in on the action). Perhaps if you could all contribute your own videos rather than being armchair critiques seemingly for your own kicks, the whole forum might be a better place.

I'm going to be watching this thread very closely.

thanks

I couldn't see a problem with Dadio's videos. Actually I think precision is what we are all about and to that point, inspired by this vid I decided to attempt one this week as well to submit. The quality of the image isn't great, I need a new head cam!! Hope you enjoy it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN-03JmNjK4]Tree surgeon arborist Precision fell - YouTube[/ame]

I couldn't see a problem with Dadio's videos. Actually I think precision is what we are all about and to that point, inspired by this vid I decided to attempt one this week as well to submit. The quality of the image isn't great, I need a new head cam!! Hope you enjoy it.

How can the other guy guess where its going to land before the gobs in :confused1:

OK, you can mark a spot and then cut a gob thats aiming for it, but how can he :confused1: