How many people use Aspen?

antipesto

Do you;  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you;

• Never use aspen
    • Always use aspen
    • Occasionally use aspen

I think we all get the health and mechanical benefits of using this product.

How can they be taken seriously though when there is no distributor between Dundee and Huntly ?

Do we not cut trees up here or something !! :thumbdown:

It is not 'them' we should not be taking seriously but the current establishment that keeps the interest of the rich and powerful to the foremost. Not just the current establishment as they are but puppets too. There are so many better alternatives out there. Why don't we use them?:confused1:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all get the health and mechanical benefits of using this product.

How can they be taken seriously though when there is no distributor between Dundee and Huntly ?

Do we not cut trees up here or something !! :thumbdown:

The benefits of Aspen are not well enougth known, either by end users or by dealers. I became aware of it, researched it, convinced myself and became a dealer. I have had £53 added to my insurance and had to buy a £1000 flamestor cabinet ( an insurance requirement) I did not know how well it would sell, but am on the 4th pallett in the first 3 months. Many prospective dealers simply will not take the chance against an unknown market and with the low profit margin. If the prospective users let their dealers know they want it, along with rough usage quantity, the dealers may take it on. Its all down to communication. More outlets, better availability, more users.

It is not 'them' we should not be taking seriously but the current establishment that keeps the interest of the rich and powerful to the foremost. Not just the current establishment as they are but puppets too. There are so many better alternatives out there. Why don't we use them?:confused1:

Treecreeper, did you read my second sentence?

Did you read previous posts stating 60l a shot is not feasible for many of us on here?

I hear and agree with what you say but I like many unfortunately cant change the powers that be :thumbdown: Seems were at a quandary:confused1:

To me this is just scaremongering.

Can anyone silence the sceptic in me with some cold hard facts?

I want some proper official statistics of how many people have died or are dying from a proven case of saw or hedgecutter or whatever use.

Big companies trying to sell me stuff that is well over priced claiming that its going to save my life 20, 30, 50.... years down the line just stinks of bullshit to me.

Where is the independent proof? Is there any?

It may be better for your saw (i dont know if this is true either) but i have no problems with mine, and every saw i have ever owned has run for a long time on pump fuel and at a fraction of the price of aspen. By the time my saw finally breaks down and dies i will have saved enough cash to buy a few more just by not using aspen.

Sorry guys but this tree rat aint convinced in the slightest.

As this is turning into a general Aspen related questions thread anyway... If I use Aspen4 and mix it with aspen 2-stroke oil, does it keep or does it go off like petrol/two-stroke mix?

There are a few machines I very ocasionally use that need different fuel mixes (1/33 and 1/40). mixing as needed is haslle and wastefull as mixing by the tankfull is not practical.

It should be a thread to raise awareness of the health risks associated with the machinery and fuel we all use on a daily basis.

There is loads of evidence and scientific studies to confirm what should be obvious to anyone that works in the industry.

Have you ever held a hedgecutter at head height for eight hours in a day, cut big stumps with a beast of a saw, reduced leylandii hedges on a still cold, damp day? The fumes hang around and soak into your clothes and every pore in you skin.

It may be convenient to ignore the issue. At the end of the day it's our livelihoods.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Or does it just kill you later? Maybe not. Maybe you are not genetically pre-disposed to certain diseases. Maybe you are. How do you know? Do you care?

Thanks, I think...:001_huh:

I don't really need convincing of the benefits of Aspen, I use it in the saws. I just asked a technical question relating to Aspen. If you know the answer that'd be grand:001_cool:

To me this is just scaremongering.

Can anyone silence the sceptic in me with some cold hard facts?

I want some proper official statistics of how many people have died or are dying from a proven case of saw or hedgecutter or whatever use.

Big companies trying to sell me stuff that is well over priced claiming that its going to save my life 20, 30, 50.... years down the line just stinks of bullshit to me.

Where is the independent proof? Is there any?

It may be better for your saw (i dont know if this is true either) but i have no problems with mine, and every saw i have ever owned has run for a long time on pump fuel and at a fraction of the price of aspen. By the time my saw finally breaks down and dies i will have saved enough cash to buy a few more just by not using aspen.

Sorry guys but this tree rat aint convinced in the slightest.

I'll bet you notice the exhaust fumes more next time you use your saw, and wonder....

The benefits of Aspen are not well enougth known, either by end users or by dealers. I became aware of it, researched it, convinced myself and became a dealer. I have had £53 added to my insurance and had to buy a £1000 flamestor cabinet ( an insurance requirement) I did not know how well it would sell, but am on the 4th pallett in the first 3 months. Many prospective dealers simply will not take the chance against an unknown market and with the low profit margin. If the prospective users let their dealers know they want it, along with rough usage quantity, the dealers may take it on. Its all down to communication. More outlets, better availability, more users.

Thats absolutely disgraceful your insurance being put up and completely unacceptable in this day and age of ' going green'

I can only applaud the stance you have taken and hope you can be a catalyst in getting this stuff on our shelves country wide.:thumbup1: