1. 1. Do you;

• Never use aspen
    • Always use aspen
    • Occasionally use aspen

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that David, but the reality is that exhaust fumes are really bad for us and the effects may not be immediately noticed. The accumulative effects are far more of a concern than the short term health issues.:thumbdown:

Any evidence on this or is it just concerns, if it is the latter who is expressing the concern?

If it's bad for us why aren’t the HSE doing something about it?

If petrol is going to kill us why isn’t the re some noise about it worldwide?

Any evidence on this or is it just concerns, if it is the latter who is expressing the concern?

If it's bad for us why aren’t the HSE doing something about it?

If petrol is going to kill us why isn’t the re some noise about it worldwide?

There are a lot of facts about the chemical makeup and health issues on AAoil website, but the best proof of how much better Aspen is than pump petrol is to use it. Once you have breathed the aspen fumes in a confined area and compared them with petrol fumes you will be convinced. Governments do know that petrol is dangerous, cars have had to have catalytic converters for years to prevent the aromatic hydrocarbon, fumes,benzene and sulphur, from poisoning us in town centres. Many governments have not yet paid attention to the minority users such as our trade,except Holland where the use of pump petrol is banned for horticultural kit. Aspen is made for our trade, petrol is not.

You say that David, but the reality is that exhaust fumes are really bad for us and the effects may not be immediately noticed. The accumulative effects are far more of a concern than the short term health issues.:thumbdown:

So how long does it take to feel the effects? i have been doing this for over 20 years and i am still as fit as a fiddle except for the usual aches and pains from kicking the hell out of my body physically.

There are a lot of facts about the chemical makeup and health issues on AAoil website, but the best proof of how much better Aspen is than pump petrol is to use it. Once you have breathed the aspen fumes in a confined area and compared them with petrol fumes you will be convinced. Governments do know that petrol is dangerous, cars have had to have catalytic converters for years to prevent the aromatic hydrocarbon, fumes,benzene and sulphur, from poisoning us in town centres. Many governments have not yet paid attention to the minority users such as our trade,except Holland where the use of pump petrol is banned for horticultural kit. Aspen is made for our trade, petrol is not.

So no then?

Aspen will need to be cheaper and more importantly more freely available before I swap to it, bring the price down and the latter should follow.

So no then?

Aspen will need to be cheaper and more importantly more freely available before I swap to it, bring the price down and the latter should follow.

Just order direct from aspen, that's what I do, I get 60 lt at a time, delivered to my door. As for price well it's all tax deductible.

These forums are very informative and it is important for us all to respect every members opinions. It is also important to pass on information to others on all matters, especially Health an Safety. Those of us who support Aspen fuel are very frustrated when others argue against us, as we are only trying to help. I dont see anyone argueing against the use of chainsaw helmets or other PPE because they have never had an accident. IMO Aspen is as important as other PPE in looking after your health. You cannot put a price on your health. But thats just my opinion.

I use it in all my saws MS 241/261/362/660 and they all run noticeably better/sharper. I don't cut wood everyday and the big saw Sthil 660 doesn't come out every week maybe once every couple of months, with Aspen i don't need to drain it, just pick it up and use it.

The other plus is the reduced fumes so from a health point of view it has got to be worth using.

Why would you have to drain your saws?