Costs.....???

cartman

Dont underestimate getting your chemical spraying ticket cartman. I'm convinced its a sure ' backdoor ' ticket into the arbwork . The big arb companies will be fighting over you come spring time if you have this ticket.

But you will have the master plan!

:biggrin:

That could be something else i could look into that i didn't think of, although we only discussed it the other day :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was young at the moment, I'd go and do 3 years in Army, ride out the recession and get into treework after. Hard times ahead for next few years for all of us, young 'uns don't have much of a chance of even getting their foot in the door. Good luck though mate!

This is what I did and its amazing how much employers tend to take notice of youre job aps when you say you have just left the army, even tho I had no experience I walked into a job with ease. I dont think the army is the answer for everyone and also believe it or not its actually prety hard to get in at the mo as they are at full capasity, however the point im making is employers dont always look for what tickets you have as these can be perchased but proof of hard working ability, self motavation, and the drive to get things done is something that can not be perchases and is a priceless skill!!

Get the contract, then the ticket.

That way the contract shown to the bank, will get you a loan, to allow you to get the ticket.

You have went to college with no guarantee of a job.

You are in a situation , let's call it a hole, and if you are I a hole and want to get out of it, rule 1 is stop digging.

:) there's a wee smiley face to show I am not being nasty lol

Get the contract, then the ticket.

That way the contract shown to the bank, will get you a loan, to allow you to get the ticket.

You have went to college with no guarantee of a job.

You are in a situation , let's call it a hole, and if you are I a hole and want to get out of it, rule 1 is stop digging.

:) there's a wee smiley face to show I am not being nasty lol

Thanks i realise your not being nasty, but again it is another option for me to look at, :001_smile:

hi there,

Thanks for your advice, im currently studying the level 3 extended diploma in arb and forestry and have completed the level 2 diploma in arb and forestry

Hi Cartman, whats the above mean and how can you have a cert in this industry and be studying further without the fundamental knowledge of basic tools and practices? More aimed at the system than you btw:001_smile:

Thanks for your Hard(easy) work today,

Turned up on time. did what need to get the job done. Stood there and talked to client very polite and has a positive work attitude all the way though the day. He is brand new and it dose show but no one will get no where with out being new. Just needs some one to take him under there wing.

Just to partly fill Josharb ? The college he goes to teaches you BASIC I mean file a chain and your done You have to pay for every part of the course e.g NPTC. and the college hes at is not Full on Practical side of the job more Learn every Latin name of a Tree in sted Of how would you take that tree out or How would you shape it etc.

Thanks again enjoyed working with you today

Tom