Long Lasting Robust Trousers

MrArb

i have some oregon advanced type c there heavy and pretty robust,not the best to climb in either realy.

i use sip freedom there the dogs in my oppinion light, comfy and pretty hard wearing ive got the freedom 1 had them a few years but they are well patched the freedom 2 there also good and will probably buy them again.

i do climb a fair bit so my oppinion is from a climbing point of view and not as a groundy :)

Agreed. Haven't tried the Strecth Airs yet but the SiP progress are pretty good and damn comfy.

Thanks for all the info. I have never tried the StretchAir before. Will try them out and give you my opinion early next year. :thumbup:

Money well spent mate.

Mine are two Years old and I wear them 6 Days a Week.They have seen the Needle and Thread a good few times but you need to maintain any item of Equipment.

stretch airs last longer and are more comfy for sure. 'a stitch in time saves nine' defo pays off with chainsaw trousers, a small nick can be a big hole in no time when your climbing. Isn't it about time someone brought out a pair of chainsaw trousers with a replaceable outer?....I guess none of the mainstream manufacturers will as they will lose our hard earnt cash buying new a new pair every time they wear out!.; Theres a market out there for this!!

Regrettably arbogrunt, it's that planned Marketing/Obsolescence factor that go's into nearly anything that is made these days. You are right about the manufacturers knowing about this, problem is they don't really care when it comes to your "hard earnt cash". They want your cash and you want their product, Next in line!.

easy-lift guy

I used to find the husky pro lights were a very hard wearing trouser, bit of an old fashined cut but dead comfy and not heavy either.

They stopped selling them when they updated the range (or so I thought) and I ended up with a pair of the husky technicals which weren't great and went back under warranty. Did a bit of digging and realised the Husky functionals are the same as the old pro lights so went for them and they are great. They just look abit dull.

Used to have those from the firm in Sheffield that made them for the two main chainsaw brands and these lasted a long time but now expensive and different materials so have used SIP and think reasonable. All makes of trousers have worn/ripped in the groin and ankle/bottom of leg areas and needed mending. The groin area is the one place there is no PPE!!