tough pair of forestry boots?

sussexlad

hi guys i apologise if this has been covered thousands of times but what do people think are the toughest and longest lasting forestry boots out there? most of the threads i have read were by climbers but i dont do much, 99% of my work is forestry. so i need a good pair that can handle brambles, puddles, mud and kicking the fires in!

ive had a pair of haix extreme protectors and theyve done well lasting over 2 years but are now falling apart and are due a viking burial on one of my fires. any input would be muchly appreciated.:thumbup:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had over 2 years out of your old ones, id stick with them and buy new ones!

yeah i know thats probably good advice, but i heard some people who have bought haix boots recently saying they are falling apart quickly...so im having doubts now! i am considering meindls or klima air tyrols.

has anyone got any experience with the new husky boots?

i have a pair of protector pros made in the same time as the people who are complaining of fualts and after a year they still look new having only been used for forestry not climbing

my mate has a pair of husky technicals and after a year i cannot believe they are still intact after the abuse he has given them don't know if there water proof but they are deffinately indestructable

My latest pair of Haix Tibet Forest are about two years old now and are doing pretty well still. They've had about a year part time and then the last year full time on them (nearly all forestry and no climbing). They did start to look pretty rough quite quick compared to the previous pair but then haven't got any worse and still turn water no prob.

I know of a pair of Tirrol fighters (or whatever they're called) that are something like 3 and a bit years old and still going strong so can't grumble there I reckon.

I quite fancy a pair of the meindl Timberking but they look a bit dodgy :lol:

How about a pair of handmade Boots designed exactly for your job?

http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/stock.asp

Uk forestry is not really that hard on gear,either Machinery or Equipment.So a pair of these should last you ages.They are a bit tight at the start but become really comfortable.

wow they are smart boots, my custom boot came to $497! havent got that sort of cash unfortunatley, if i did i would definatley invest in a pair of those!