Dirty stunts pulled by customers

gibbon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were called in to work on a Fraxinus at the end of somebody's garden once, it overhung the fence and behind said fence was a ratty old area full of scrap Saab cars. We spoke to the owner of the yard and asked if it was ok if the groundies stood in his yard. He was fine about it, pointed out the old Saab he didn't want damaged and said it was ok, even if we stood on the others as there was nothing to hurt; so we did use the old cars as access, did the job with no damage to the precious car and went on our way. Next thing we know, this cheeky chappie rang us up and accused us of breaking the windscreen on the car that he didn't want hurt. We hadn't and when we refused to cop to the crime he backed down, could have got nasty though but it was his word against ours and I think he had hoped for a quick cash hand-out to save any hassle on our part. What a git.

did a few days work for someone, he promised cash at the end of the job, then when we finished said because we hadn't dug the stumps out he wasn't paying! i needed the money so offered to grind them out in order to get paid, he said if i ever went on his land again i would be trespassing and he would kill me. and tree stumps are always dug out by hand! i walked away because he had my address, i never saw him without at least three of his henchmen behind him, i had no stick to hit him with because we chipped them all. another tree co later told me they heard he hit gas, electric and phone lines while removing the stumps with a jcb. doesn't quite heal the £1500 gap in my pocket

Dad had this a couple of times over the years, once he concreted a row of pig pens, as he was finishing the owner said he had missed one at the other end of the farm :sneaky2: ,it was never in the price and my old man refused the owner said either it was done or dad wouldnt get a penny, dad could see that it was easier to put it down to experience so did it a was paid :thumbup1:.

Dad had the last laugh as he only scrapped the loose debris off the top and the crete was only 2 inches thick :biggrin: he reconed that the worms were comming through as he ran the float over it :lol:

I got a few more just like that one if you need a giggle ?

Dad had this a couple of times over the years, once he concreted a row of pig pens, as he was finishing the owner said he had missed one at the other end of the farm :sneaky2: ,it was never in the price and my old man refused the owner said either it was done or dad wouldnt get a penny, dad could see that it was easier to put it down to experience so did it a was paid :thumbup1:.

Dad had the last laugh as he only scrapped the loose debris off the top and the crete was only 2 inches thick :biggrin: he reconed that the worms were comming through as he ran the float over it :lol:

I got a few more just like that one if you need a giggle ?

Go on then