Milder weather,log sales slow

powcaddy

Sales very slow, on the plus side filling our time doing maintance and and refurbing and painting equipment.

Checked your web site out,(Good!) Is corbridge too far for log splitter hire? Customer we felled a medium sized Oak for this summer is asking, he says no one local hires a splitter any more. If so, can you send me price / details ? (A couple of days work?)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry winters on the way - well i found this on Martins Money Saving Website

Winter 2011-2012. Very bad weather prediction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure the most suitable MSE forum section to put this under, but this would be one of them....

Exacta Weather, a non-profit organisation of meteorlogical experts who've successfully predicted the last two harsh winters, are stating, with very little ambiguity, that Winter 2011-2012 could be a record-breaker.

Prolonged sub-zero conditions and extreme snowfall is predicted by James Madden, longe range meteorological expert at Exacta. He strongly advises on taking precautionary measures in the coming months.

Apologies for starting a thread like this during the holiday season, but Exacta are well regarded across the motoring organisations and basically have been highly accurate so far. As stated above, they're a non-profit organisation, so no business interests behind their predictions. Google them.

I'll certainly be investing in winter tyres this year. Forum administrators - if you see fit, post this thread in other sections - travel, heating costs, etc.

:thumbup:

Exacta Weather, a non-profit organisation of meteorlogical experts who've successfully predicted the last two harsh winters, are stating, with very little ambiguity, that Winter 2011-2012 could be a record-breaker.

Prolonged sub-zero conditions and extreme snowfall is predicted by James Madden, longe range meteorological expert at Exacta. He strongly advises on taking precautionary measures in the coming months.

Apologies for starting a thread like this during the holiday season, but Exacta are well regarded across the motoring organisations and basically have been highly accurate so far. As stated above, they're a non-profit organisation, so no business interests behind their predictions.

James Madden has got the last three winters right but missed this warm spell! the met office seem to hate him but he could still be right it can change over night.

Dont worry winters on the way - well i found this on Martins Money Saving Website

Winter 2011-2012. Very bad weather prediction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure the most suitable MSE forum section to put this under, but this would be one of them....

Apologies for starting a thread like this during the holiday season, but Exacta are well regarded across the motoring organisations and basically have been highly accurate so far. As stated above, they're a non-profit organisation, so no business interests behind their predictions. Google them.

I'll certainly be investing in winter tyres this year. Forum administrators - if you see fit, post this thread in other sections - travel, heating costs, etc.

:thumbup:

Cool, sounds like a bad one! Time for people to slow down their hectic lives like the olden day!

Fully booked to December 1 and have got 15 orders for December a few in January and three loads prebooked every month up to April turning quite a few customers away because they are outside my 10 mile area but having said that we only deliver four days a week because of two days shooting and beating up to the end of the season

,,,with all due respect to John M, the "long range weather forecaster" over on Exacta I could not disagree further on this snippet:

but it certainly improves the outlook for frequent cold and above normal snow across many parts of the UK, as we head into the final third of November and much of December.

Now I can understand the Daily Express in how to target sales with frequent sensationalist terms but John M just does not sound either experienced or qualified enough in his long range statement to convince me? although he did confess to missing the current mild period?

Their has been an ever so slight pattern change show up in a couple of drivers that may bring forward the January cold projections by a week or 2 (N American amplification and overall La Nina slackening) but please believe me "fellas n fellers" :D in that no significant Snow & Ice for the remainder of November is possible in relation to the current weather pattern and trend for the UK area.

Exacta? > the jury`s still out,,,,

My sales are very slow.... but they always pick up when it gets colder and I always sell out... this year will be no different to any other.

Last winter had loads of logs and couldnt deliver as the council seemed to give up on grittting and clearing the snow/ice on all but the main roads.

PS. My husband bought an Alaskan Mill last year at APF and still has not got round to using it!