new company first job any advice

wrekin tree care

Hi to all i have just set up my own company after 10 years in the game, six in utility and due to ill health my last working day was 28th Nov 2010. Decided that on my own is the way , got my first job booked in tomorrow and things have taken a little longer thn expected to get ready regarding the truck tipper body etc... so feel a bit not ready.:blushing: found arbtalk really useful so far. so i thought i would just see if there is any advice to a new company setting up.

many thanks in advance

Hi there and welcome to arbtalk this is a great place to ask questions and hang out . I wish you loads of luck with your new business . It was the best thing I ever did . go for it . I can give you loads of tips on how to get those all important first customers ringing you if you need it .

Ask as many questions as you want

All the best littletree:thumbup:

Welcome,tough time to start up on your own,keep at it & you will show your worth,be prepared to take other part time work until you establish a good client base.

Your previous experience will hold you in good stead,& brush up on areas where you may recognise you need to expand your general knowledge of tree care & the ins & outs.

Good luck to you,& hope your health is good now.:001_smile:

Treat your customers the way you would like to be treated. Remember no one can Pimp your self and services rendered better than you can. Avoid verbal agreements if at all possible, cover your back side and get all work in writing. Leave the Drama for the reality shows, us folks in Literalville can deal with the balance well on our own. All the best.

easy-lift guy

Always leave the site spotless, a good job and tidy garden will always be remembered by the customer.

2nd that! Doesnt matter how good the job is if it isnt tidy. Allow a little extra time money in the job for the 'can you just' moments