Abolition of the small trailer exemption Dec 4th 2011

Niceboy

i think the problem is in the words hire or reward anybody know the legal definition of either ?

When I did my cpc tachograph and driving regs day the tutor said Horseboxes going to gymkanas used to get away with it, but now they can view it as hire or reward, because you hope to win reward i.e rosette 1st prize for show jumping. Then of course these have been hogging the roads for years at 20mph in 7.5 tonners with faces like a theme park rider, getting upset with everyone else. Going foxhunting on a car licence in a truck and parking obstructively with attitude, in my experience anyway.

Back to the point an unfortunate part is down to discretion of the officer, that is why vosa is controversial, vague law, many interpretations. You get let off or hung to dry. Stay home on benefits is a winner with little risks, I just couldn't do it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I did my cpc tachograph and driving regs day the tutor said Horseboxes going to gymkanas used to get away with it, but now they can view it as hire or reward, because you hope to win reward i.e rosette 1st prize for show jumping. Then of course these have been hogging the roads for years at 20mph in 7.5 tonners with faces like a theme park rider, getting upset with everyone else. Going foxhunting on a car licence in a truck and parking obstructively with attitude, in my experience anyway.

Back to the point an unfortunate part is down to discretion of the officer, that is why vosa is controversial, vague law, many interpretations. You get let off or hung to dry. Stay home on benefits is a winner with little risks, I just couldn't do it.

Like your observations about the parking skills of hunt followers, never heard anyone put it so well! I have always just accepted that they think they have rights to park on blind summits, block gateways and make it difficult for other road users to drive past, I have nothing against them though, it all adds to the challenge driving my truck and chipper/ trailer on narrow lanes.!

• 2 weeks later...

I am very very confused....might be because i've been up since 5-30am!

Once and for all, do i need to change anything/get an hgv license/tacho etc for my transit tipper and chipper combo?

The whole thing is utter nonsense, if changes like this are to be enforced the gov should be advertising it either at half time during a big televised match or just before the 6 o'clock news...at least you would have a chance of knowing what new stealth (tax) they are aiming to rob us with is!

I am very very confused....might be because i've been up since 5-30am!

Once and for all, do i need to change anything/get an hgv license/tacho etc for my transit tipper and chipper combo?

The whole thing is utter nonsense, if changes like this are to be enforced the gov should be advertising it either at half time during a big televised match or just before the 6 o'clock news...at least you would have a chance of knowing what new stealth (tax) they are aiming to rob us with is!

I'm sure that if you already have an OL the powers that be will have written to you and as its only people who already have an OL that are affected by the change if would be daft to waste money on advertising to those who are not affected.

You may need an OL for your set (depending on weight) but thats nothing new.