Abolition of the small trailer exemption Dec 4th 2011

Niceboy

Posted about all this 4 weeks ago got my dates wrong as I thought it was next year.

Just drove up from Redruth, stopped at Michael wood services on the M5, and vosa are going like mill in there at 7pm there was 12 men and 5 cars.

Oh how I love driving in England just Stafford, Buckley and Holyhead to dodge on the way to the boat before I get home and then I can relax.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted about all this 4 weeks ago got my dates wrong as I thought it was next year.

Just drove up from Redruth, stopped at Michael wood services on the M5, and vosa are going like mill in there at 7pm there was 12 men and 5 cars.

Oh how I love driving in England just Stafford, Buckley and Holyhead to dodge on the way to the boat before I get home and then I can relax.

are you towing a caravan by any chance :001_smile:

If ever there was a silver lining, my vauxhall brava 4x4 pickup, is one of the lightest in its class. at 2650gvw, and with my chipper at circa 800kg, im just under 3500, and therefore do not need a ol, as my transit can be solely a chip truck.

Website helpfindmea.co.uk gives good info on cars of varying makes, to find alternatives to ol licensing, id rather insure and run a new vehicle than go down the ol route, especially for people with no access to a ol yard,

Also worth looking at the volkswagon caddy 4motion, had a drive in one the other day, cracking off road, and we were in a right muddy field.

If ever there was a silver lining, my vauxhall brava 4x4 pickup, is one of the lightest in its class. at 2650gvw, and with my chipper at circa 800kg, im just under 3500, and therefore do not need a ol, as my transit can be solely a chip truck.

Website helpfindmea.co.uk gives good info on cars of varying makes, to find alternatives to ol licensing, id rather insure and run a new vehicle than go down the ol route, especially for people with no access to a ol yard,

Also worth looking at the volkswagon caddy 4motion, had a drive in one the other day, cracking off road, and we were in a right muddy field.

but your going to be using 2, trucks ,double the cost ?? arnt you :confused1:

I take it you,ve never been thru one of our multi-agency check points yet. They can do everything in one visit, HMRC customs, doe vehicle enforcement and psni for anything else. You just get passed along from one to the next. Very entertaining and informative! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have as it is, been through 2 and the 1st time was years ago at Canterbury and the chic for the DHSS was lovely and I mean lovely she could have a model. What a waste out at 2am talking to likes of me to see if am doing the double.

Really surreal when you think of the scum bags roaming major towns city's, who would and cut your throat for your mobile.

Shame theres not the same level of intensity put in to rounding those up, but the unspecting law abiding hardworking lorry driver gets it. lol

Still cheaper than getting an O license approved yard, and then applying for an O license. Which are expensive ventures. If there wasn't enough work on the idea would be what you might call negative expansion and run at a loss.

how did you work that out ??

got yr facts wrong sonny, go bk & get some to look @ it for you:001_smile: