Im lost

andrew t

I used to be sure about what i want to do with my life.It has always been about trees thats one thing that is sure but after owning my own tree services working on the books and subcontracting. I have started with a new company who do landscaping. As there tree surgeon i have to do landscaping when there is no tree work to be done the problem is after more than a year there is not much tree work coming in and as im so into trees i find this hell :thumbdown: they have been good to me but i dont now how long i can do something that i hate on the hope it could pick up . Any advice would be great.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:crying:

I feel your pain... who wants to weed when they can fly.

I think there is always work out there if you look hard enough.

Call every tree surgeon in the book, write them a letter.

There is always work on the railways and motorways that needs doing.

Get some free cards printed on vista print and get your own work coming in.

Never say die.

Good luck

:grinning-smiley-003

I can get work elsewhere that is not so much the problem and more money to but i feel like this company has helped me and i want to stay loyal i do every tree job like it is my own company just dont know if landscaping is always going to come first cheers for your replies

Andrew, your decision will depend on how long you really wish to be with your present employer. I understand your loyality and there will come a time when you will make a decision. Could you have a face to face with the boss or owner and see about ways of generating additional tree work?. You will need to be tactfull regarding how you begin this subject and honestly impress upon this person that you are very thankful for the job.

Perhaps you can suggest additional ways of generating jobs that would work towards your mutual needs met? All the best.

easy-lift guy

If he has been good to you just be straight with him and tell him how you feel like other have said he could find more tree work or you could both agree its best you find other work as well as his tree work what ever the outcome at least everybody will know where they stand. I just wish i could find a part time climber that would be straight talking and turn up when he said he will:sneaky2: