vosa

markstuarttosdevine

You have too rember that we have something called the Troubles and the police therefor were not wanting to anoyanyone so they not to worried about headlights exctra, the roads are worse too. This is one reason why dvlani do the MOT them selfs.

Ps even our driving condutions are different

at 16 you can drive a tractor on the road with out doing a test (test needed in GB) and tow away

but when you have pased you car test you are restrictard for a year (R plates) can only drive at 45 mph max.

so i know james i know what you mean, but it is different way of life compaird to the other side irsh sea,

I can drive past 20 speed cameas in 60 miles on the A90 (aberdeen dundee) and it is a good road it just feal like they are out to get you. that is more than there is NI

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have a disco, or a range rover, and towed a loaded 3500kg ifor trailer, because the towing vehicle wasnt a commercial, you didnt need a tacho, thats the exemption thats gone, doesnt just apply to "commercial" tow vehicles

Slightly worried about this as I run my 7.5 tonne merc with tacho fitted but as tacho exempt using the dual purpose legislation which was originally designed for farmers pulling trailers as well as livestock trailers using land rovers. Since the change in trailer weights legislation VOSA have accepted that it is no longer possible to tow an ifor williams horse box with 2 horses in it with a land rover and still be within the overall weight limit so have allowed 7.5 tonne trucks to be the new land rover. Is this the legislation which is being changed.

As of 2 months ago I was still alright having been pulled by VOSA but it did take half an hour of explanation to the local VOSA officer clutching her little rule book.

Slightly worried about this as I run my 7.5 tonne merc with tacho fitted but as tacho exempt using the dual purpose legislation which was originally designed for farmers pulling trailers as well as livestock trailers using land rovers. Since the change in trailer weights legislation VOSA have accepted that it is no longer possible to tow an ifor williams horse box with 2 horses in it with a land rover and still be within the overall weight limit so have allowed 7.5 tonne trucks to be the new land rover. Is this the legislation which is being changed.

As of 2 months ago I was still alright having been pulled by VOSA but it did take half an hour of explanation to the local VOSA officer clutching her little rule book.

Just found this and one of the replies states how I see the dual purpose rules

Grumpy meets VOSA | Pitchcare Magazine

Nahhh, you just go on the baracades whenever you see the word VOSA

All I said was that it's not VOSA thats making the changes and you just went off on one,,,yet again

You defend anything that is said about VOSA, and I give examples of experiences I have had with them, it's hardly going of on one.

And it is done mostly because I know you will come along with things like "statue law and European wide" your experience of them is on the M62 I have dealt with up and down the country.

Yes there not all bad and yes to a point we need them, but in my eyes there just another means to shaft the working man.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

You defend anything that is said about VOSA, and I give examples of experiences I have had with them, it's hardly going of on one.

And it is done mostly because I know you will come along with things like "statue law and European wide" your experience of them is on the M62 I have dealt with up and down the country.

Yes there not all bad and yes to a point we need them, but in my eyes there just another means to shaft the working man.

:thumbup:

And again speaks Mr knows nowt about me, I have been a “class 1” since I was 22 and I am 45 now, I have owned and operated HGV’s in the UK and it makes bugger all difference if you drive on the M62 or the M25, it’s the same agency all over (unless you can show different). I have also owned and operated vehicles running out of Germany where I lived for 6 years and I even did a short stint in North America so my experience is plenty thank you very much.

So if “they” are there to shaft the working man, I take my magic broom and sweep it all away for you. You are in charge, what are YOU going to put in its place? How are you going to control me, I have 6 artics and 14 trailers, I am burning my “O” licence and you can stick those inspections where the sun don’t shine, and my drivers have cocktail stick holding there eyes open. My maintenance budget just got spent on a holiday in Florida so my rigs are in a piss poor state.

It can all depend on where people are in there businesses. they may just need a trailer thats scabby (but safe) but does the job but is a put me on....

do you like business expense??

A trailer MOT will have little to do with cosmetics, it will be about safety.

Being a start up Co does not excuse running unsafe vehicles.