Anybody got a log deck?

Goaty

Mike I like that log deck. I would imagine with 42cm butts you need three motors. Some good ideas for our underworked trailer :001_smile:

i try not to put any thing bigger than 36cm through as then the logs dont need resplitting, going to 1/4 any bigger logs then put them through

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Pondering and trying to broaden my Knowledge of firewood processing, I have failed to find any concise or definate info on log decks. Is this because they are so simple and easy to copy, or ineffective in use?

Do they save time and aches?

Do they jam or fail to load a percentage of the time?

I was interested in palax in particular.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

It seems they are too expensive and everyone makes their own.:thumbup1:

Edited by Goaty
spelling again!!

• 10 months later...
they are only £100 each + vat from flow fit (harrier) which is why i went for 3 also i priced up a dalen one which has one motor and chains, metal is like tin and they wanted £1600 which is why i built my own, :001_smile:

I know this is bringing up an old post, but I am thinking of making my own log deck and wondered where you got the rollers from?

Thanks

Vikki

If you build one like woodworms by the end of the week the extra efficency will pay for one like mikes. I have heard it said a processor with out a deck is half a machine. I would say more like a tenth of a machine. When we bodged one up we did twice the logs with a fraction of the effort and no aches or pains. :thumbup:

If have a processor then I do think its the way forward, have no experience of them but imagine they would boost the production line greatly! The seeds have been sown to make 1 myself but ain't confident enough but also need to finish some other projects 1st really.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2