transit/unimog on ebay £5000

Martyn Amos

Tree surgery is not agriculture mate the exemption doesn’t apply

Wrong. Don't they have a classification for obscure vehicles called Agriculture Horticulture and Forestry (AHF)? It classes them as a tractor type vehicle, and to be fair, arborculture is wingable toward horticulture - tending peoples gardens or a green space / tree with a chainsaw, and a vheicle to match. :)

I think anyone who misjudges that as a transit can't be that clever, as its only a cab bolted to a frame, just like any other. So what if its not made of steel like a standard mog cab.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. Don't they have a classification for obscure vehicles called Agriculture Horticulture and Forestry (AHF)? It classes them as a tractor type vehicle, and to be fair, arborculture is wingable toward horticulture - tending peoples gardens or a green space / tree with a chainsaw, and a vheicle to match. :)

I think anyone who misjudges that as a transit can't be that clever, as its only a cab bolted to a frame, just like any other. So what if its not made of steel like a standard mog cab.

Not wrong

You are confusing what the vehicle is registered as and the use of rebated fuel. The two things are entirely separate and governed by different statute law.

You can register the vehicle as whatever you like, if there were a registration category for space re entry vehicle the nice people at Swansea would stamp the paperwork for you.

The issue here is not what the vehicle is registered as it is the use of rebated fuel intended for agriculture.

In a nutshell the only people who can use red to move goods on the road are farmers moving their own produce from land they own to land they own but don’t take my word for it, ask HMCE for yourself, they are the ones handing out fines and impounding vehicles.

Ag regs and cherry mate.

Sorry lads, this was in response to the 'what's it got to do with VOSA' question. I nipped out for a bit and missed about 20 responses!

Fair play for pulling me up Rover, I have no wish to start that old debate again. I don't think even Judge John Deeds knows the answers anymore!

Sorry lads, this was in response to the 'what's it got to do with VOSA' question. I nipped out for a bit and missed about 20 responses!

Fair play for pulling me up Rover, I have no wish to start that old debate again. I don't think even Judge John Deeds knows the answers anymore!

Fact is that VOSA aren’t interested in cherry, that would be the remit of HMCE.

Fines, court, transit????

Looks like a transit but isn’t, show them the plate and that’s an end to the matter no hassle, no court no fines, except for the illegal use of red perhaps.

yes court ,if you get cought with red in the tank these days you will be in court ,that truck will attract hassle from the law end of chat

I was most amused actually!:thumbup:

Even more so, when after what I'd considered was obvious "baiting" the discussion went straight to "ag regs and cherry":lol::lol:

:thumbup:

I believe new EU regs allow anyone who is a badass tree killer with a harness and stuff to run any vehicle on red diesel, and with no tax, as long as you say 'OOO-ARRRRR' every now and again.

Straight up, fat bloke down the pub said, and his brothers wifes sisters uncle is in charge of making the law.

saw this on the bay and thought of you lot!

dont know if anyone has posted before:001_rolleyes:

transit/merc unimog conversion,looks very handy

dont know how to put listing on here,sure some bill gates will:lol::lol:

[ATTACH]78656[/ATTACH]

also saw this disco :confused1:

59765eabd5cc8_(KGrHqF!l0E6B0qR)twBOmpk!kBr!60_12.jpg.83b105ffdfb26721884e5084d66ebd36.jpg