Anyone in Cornwall have dealings with FR Jones?

Big T

That policy seems a bit ridiculous at times. I was keen to buy a few bits and bobs recently from this site as the prices are really good. Part of the order was some stihl files & stump vice, and a husky roller guide. Was told I couldn't order these items because of the policy etc. I asked about the oregon files and stump vice - no problem I was informed. Cancelled the order as there was no husky roller guide alternative available. It was a shame.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you won't even sell Stihl files or a helmet?

Its all about a policy created by the manufacturer,stihl in this case,the supliers have no choice but to go along with it,(I think husky are doing the same),why would a dealer jeapordise his franchise by not complying with the manufacturers stipulations?:001_smile:

Its all about a policy created by the manufacturer,stihl in this case,the supliers have no choice but to go along with it,(I think husky are doing the same),why would a dealer jeapordise his franchise by not complying with the manufacturers stipulations?:001_smile:

There are plenty of Stihl dealers that do run the risk but there the one's over charging for everything. :sneaky2:

Some may run the risk, but we won't Stihl and us work well together and I want it to stay that way. 90% of you on here are pro users anyway so as long as we can have some proof it's not going to be a problem.

If you look at it from Stihl's angle, they and we don't think it's right that someone can walk into B&Q, buy a chainsaw and use it, without a clue what they are doing.

Stihl took a stance a few years back that EVERYTHING that is Stihl branded must be handed over and demonstrated to the customer unless they can prove they are a pro user. It was a bold move, but it's worked for them so far.

I think its crazy that they do it with the PPE, Its understandable with the chainsaws but not with the protective clothing.

When they made the rule and we all signed the contracts, it was for all Stihl branded stuff. It would be good if they relaxed it to machines only. Maybe they will for next year, fingers crossed hint hint.:001_smile: