Guss100

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my x27 and I'm loving it. I had a b&q maul before and I'm never using it again.

Had a load of beech rings laying around for weeks now and no motivation to chop them. I got through half of it today after telling my girlfriend I'm off to test my new axe :-) I got mine from amazon.com, £51.14p and it arrived in 3 days to the north of Scotland!

Here you go kids, should have read the above about it being amazon.COM not .CO.UK:biggrin:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-7884-36-Inch-Super-Splitting/dp/B004M3BAQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322470285&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Fiskars 7884 X27 36-Inch Super Splitting Axe: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Comes to £51 odd pounds delivered to the UK but it will vary daily with the exchange rate fluctuations, only pennies difference per day at the moment though.:thumbup1:

Here you go kids, should have read the above about it being amazon.COM not .CO.UK:biggrin:

:blushing: Yes I should but you're forgiven for being the first person in a looooong time to call me a kid.

I see that the head of the X27 weighs 4lbs: I have a Faithfull splitting axe with a 6.25lb head that I love. Is the lighter Fiskars so much better designed/balanced/whatever that it will equal or better mine? Yes, I have been asked what I want for Crimble.

I got called boy the other day, made my week:thumbup:

I don't know how they do it, but all the reviews on the thing are raving. I don't have one yet, it's on the x-list, and they better buy me one or I've promised to moan the whole month of Jan and not split any more wood:001_cool:.

Thanks for that Rover

Had looked at Amazon.com but have always been unsure about buying from the states due to nasty import surprises. Didn't realise Amazon took care of it for you.

Ordered mine yesterday, think you were right with the "kids" comment as thats just how I feel, a big kid who can't wait for his new toy to arrive! :biggrin:

BTW total cost was £51.17 inc delivery and import tax.

Actual cost of the axe works out at £30.02 so how come they cost £100 more in this country? :confused1: