Tree grown up against Phone line pole. What happens...?

hazzygawa

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi im a contractor for btitish telecom i would segest you contact bt if you have any worrys at all of the integrety of there plant. Bt do have way leaves and are a statatory provider however thay do not have a mantanance cycle thay carry out tree work to provide and replace/maintane there plant i would as it looks as if the pole is in a foot path i would think there is no wayleave on thiss pole. if your in doubt ask if the pole can be tested buy a enginere and express that you will be clearing the pole of obstruction for safe climbing there should be a ticket on the pole showing date of last test. If the pole its self is ingraved year 91 92 or hasent been tested since 1997 it should not be climed tampered with as it is in need of testing i recomend you or tree owner contact bt

Hi im a contractor for btitish telecom i would segest you contact bt if you have any worrys at all of the integrety of there plant. Bt do have way leaves and are a statatory provider however thay do not have a mantanance cycle thay carry out tree work to provide and replace/maintane there plant i would as it looks as if the pole is in a foot path i would think there is no wayleave on thiss pole. if your in doubt ask if the pole can be tested buy a enginere and express that you will be clearing the pole of obstruction for safe climbing there should be a ticket on the pole showing date of last test. If the pole its self is ingraved year 91 92 or hasent been tested since 1997 it should not be climed tampered with as it is in need of testing i recomend you or tree owner contact bt

When did that happen

Nope

BT aren't stat providers

hear you are treequip maby ive not been useing the right terms Network information - Wayleaves

i would recomend if you think its dodgy get it tested if it looks sound get on with it just note if damage is caused to there plant exspect a bill. there like that. the plant is normaly quite robust . a nother pointer is it the cables cross roads make sure the cable will not sag in road if it is held up buy what you cuting

Edited by elliott EGD

hear you are treequip Network information - Wayleaves

i would recomend if you think its dodgy get it tested if it looks sound get on with it just note if damage is caused to there plant exspect a bill. there like that. the plant is normaly quite robust . a nother pointer is it the cables cross roads make sure the cable will not sag in road if it is held up buy what you cuting

now i'd agree with this but current experience is proving otherwise, my relief tractor driver managed (not sure how!) to hit a eleccy pole with our tractor whilst mowing silage. He snapped it off about metre high and the top of the pole was being held off the ground by about a foot cuz of the eleccy cables. Now they came out about 6pm, erected new pole and buggered off, they obviously took all the details of who, what and the like and i expected to see a nasty bill in the postbox fairly smartish........:blushing: but that was late june and still no bill...............:confused1: