Tree grown up against Phone line pole. What happens...?

hazzygawa

I have been to quote for a job today and part of the work is to dismantle a multiple stemmed sycamore.

It has grown up against a phone line mast and I am not sure what state the pole will be in if I remove the support of the tree from the pole.

Can anyone tell me who the 'blame' lies with if the pole becomes weak or goes over if I remove the tree?

Thanks for your time

Harry

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319063602.469418.jpg.6e3396a69195b098a59a5e0a4e9886b6.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319063584.522080.jpg.3389078379c6a8242b3f3be04bd04b40.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319063551.050851.jpg.88cf1fad641b2235bfc5c849cddf5be7.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you I would contact the utility company pronto and get their take on the matter first before I spend any more time on this bid. It may be their job for maintenance and removal since it appears in their right of way?. Be curious what they would have to say?

easy-lift guy

The term "right of way" is not the same un the Uk as the us.

BT is not a statutory provider and as such has no wayleave ( read row) except by negotiation or prescription.

If BT lines are in the way they like to charge for moving them but since that tree and the apparatus are having "issues" I suspect they can de persuaded to assist for free

In my previous (but limited) knowledge of these situations I'd suggest to the customer to contact the company responsible for the line and see if they'll deal with it. You wont make any money but the customer might be pleased as it won't cost them anything. Whilst I was working for the FC we kept 2 tree lengths away from all lines unless there was an outage during a harvessting contract. Any other line clearance was done by the utility company with no cost to us (Despite being our planted trees causing the issue).