Frost this morning!!

farmer_ben

full moon was on wednesday, as I was coming in from work last night I said to my wife "feels like its going to be cold tonight" We woke up to the plum orchard we look onto covered with a frost and a low hanging mist with bright sunshine:thumbup: I love Autumn. Off to get some sloes now the frost hit and get the sloegin on the go:drunk:

Bright white frost this morning, really werent expecting that! FIrewood calls hopefully go nuts now :)

,,,A polar maritime air blast pulling down SEwards across the whole UK late Mon through Tues & Weds could increase the demand further next week ben ;)

End of the recent warm (daytime) period as the High influence now appears to move eastwards out of Europe into Russia allowing this much cooler period to move in helped by brief mid-Atlantic ridging up into southern Greenland hence the polar-born feed that will make it feel quite bitter for a day or 3?

Milder,wetter and more zonal again by Friday and into next weekend especially so it looks with the Jet stream really cranking up from the US/Canada so will we be facing any windblowns? :)

Too early to call on wether we will see anything like last November but the odds are very long on that very uncommon event and I just cant see a repeat of it :001_unsure:

,,,A polar maritime air blast pulling down SEwards across the whole UK late Mon through Tues & Weds could increase the demand further next week ben ;)

End of the recent warm (daytime) period as the High influence now appears to move eastwards out of Europe into Russia allowing this much cooler period to move in helped by brief mid-Atlantic ridging up into southern Greenland hence the polar-born feed that will make it feel quite bitter for a day or 3?

Milder,wetter and more zonal again by Friday and into next weekend especially so it looks with the Jet stream really cranking up from the US/Canada so will we be facing any windblowns? :)

Too early to call on wether we will see anything like last November but the odds are very long on that very uncommon event and I just cant see a repeat of it :001_unsure:

Were you of the same opinion this time last year re snow in november?

Snow or not do you think we are in line for a stretch of continuous sub zero temps?

Btw i am 20 miles north of the cairngorms.

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

Been told there's frost kicking about Lincoln too, yet to see any myself, strange seeing as we've been having sweltering hot days recently?

If the rumours of a nasty winter this year (worst than last) are true, then it should be interesting to say the least...

Were you of the same opinion this time last year re snow in november?

Snow or not do you think we are in line for a stretch of continuous sub zero temps?

Btw i am 20 miles north of the cairngorms.

kwfhomepage

I had no pre-identification signs last year up until a week prior where intense cold pooling on the continent and northerly blocking hinted what we were going to endure?

In terms of "continuous sub zero temps" then I do not feel their will be a prolonged affair like last November/early Dec nevertheless anythings possible but 2 consecutive events so severe rarely transpire?

Huge speculation anyway this far out but the only fair judgement to go on this early for November are "slightly colder than average" for the UK has a whole, now that can be mean a world of a difference from say you up near the Cairngorms to the populous of say the Scilly Isles?

"Will it be cold or mild" never has a closed answer that`s one certainty and everything in between leaves any forecaster from a pro at the met to old fred in the pub open to ridicule once wotever prediction fails to occur so your always "damned if you do damned if you don`t" :laugh1:

A much colder feel coming up with frosts more widespread later in the week especially through thurs/fri then a return to a more unsettled period into the weekend with temps rising again.

,,,and any signs of an interesting November on the cards will be up here soon as ;)