A Rant If I May Gents!!!

farmer_ben

Delivered trailer load of first class (2yr old seasoned Ash most and bit of 5yr old Oak) logs today to a new customer, explained to him on the phone the size of my different loads and my prices and he was happy to order a £150 trailer.

Deliver today, his not there but wife is. She shows us where to tip, we do and drive off happy in knowlegde of another satisfied customer....WRONG!!!!

Get phone call 4 hours later, man of the house is home and is shocked how few logs were in the load and did we get it right!! His old supplier delivered twice as much for half the price apparently. Gets quite arsey wth me, rantng about how im "head and shoulders" more expensive then anyone else. I explain to him I am competitive and gave examples of other firewood guys prices.

His old chap is retired, does transit loads for £100, gets his wood for free, demands cash, i doubt very much pays any tax or vat. I explained this to him and how I am trying to grow a respectable,profitable business. He is having none of it and finshes the call by saying he wants to support a young lad (me) from his village but wont be buying anymore of my wood unless I lower my prices, I said I wont evening start my tractor for anything less so best we go our seperate ways.

What a first class prat, he has really got to me. I take a lot of pride with my firewood and I no my wood is first class and is value for money. :001_huh::001_huh::001_huh::001_huh::001

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delivered trailer load of first class (2yr old seasoned Ash most and bit of 5yr old Oak) logs today to a new customer, explained to him on the phone the size of my different loads and my prices and he was happy to order a £150 trailer.

Deliver today, his not there but wife is. She shows us where to tip, we do and drive off happy in knowlegde of another satisfied customer....WRONG!!!!

Get phone call 4 hours later, man of the house is home and is shocked how few logs were in the load and did we get it right!! His old supplier delivered twice as much for half the price apparently. Gets quite arsey wth me, rantng about how im "head and shoulders" more expensive then anyone else. I explain to him I am competitive and gave examples of other firewood guys prices.

His old chap is retired, does transit loads for £100, gets his wood for free, demands cash, i doubt very much pays any tax or vat. I explained this to him and how I am trying to grow a respectable,profitable business. He is having none of it and finshes the call by saying he wants to support a young lad (me) from his village but wont be buying anymore of my wood unless I lower my prices, I said I wont evening start my tractor for anything less so best we go our seperate ways.

What a first class prat, he has really got to me. I take a lot of pride with my firewood and I no my wood is first class and is value for money. :001_huh::001_huh:

Not very professional to say things like that, IMO :thumbdown:

If it had been me, I would have been polite and offered to go a collect the wood and give a refund if he was not 100% happy.

oh yeah i no, just took it as quite a personal insult. im flat out with orders and he is first one in 4yrs to ever question my prices. typical example of coyboy logs suppliers makng it hard for us trying to do it properly

You are flat out with log orders at a price you are happy with. If he is the first one to question in 4 years then you might be a bit cheap too :laugh1: Don't waste time thinking about the soggy conifer brigade :thumbup1:

Not very professional to say things like that, IMO :thumbdown:

If it had been me, I would have been polite and offered to go a collect the wood and give a refund if he was not 100% happy.

Your asuming i wasnt polite? I couldnt of been nicer on the phone, the chap is well known in the village and I respect him for that and couldnt of been nicer.

He's given me a cheque otherwise I would of happily collected the wood.