Looking for new work vehicle

Ian150482

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking maybe ford ranger but not sure what mpg is,?

We get an average of low 30's with a mix of towing and empty. Put your foot down and 20's. Has to be new ranger tho with TDCI engine. The old ones made BP most of their profit!!!

we have had a ford ranger for about 4 yrs now, if mpg is important, don't get one. They are fine on b-roads etc...but tow anything or get it on the motorway and it drinks like a fish, always have done. Disco diesel is alot better.

Was thinking of disco too. Get some good deals on them at mo too. Freelander hasnt got the ground clearence really.

Mpg is important since i live in the sticks and i'll be doing alot of milege in the coming months with my new work, and keeping my other work running in the background. So that rules out ford ranger then.

I've got a Nissan Terrano van. It's a 2.7 (120something horse power) turbo diesel, (same engine as in black cabs) It's got good ground clearance, pulls like buggery upto 3.5 tons and can carry a payload of 800kgs. It's pretty good but your looking at 30MPG. Worth looking at up against a freelander. There are some decent ex-environment agency ones out there!!!!