Ever had a chainsaw cut?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Ever had a chainsaw cut?

• Nope not ever.
    • Yes while on the ground.
    • Yes while in a tree/mewp.
    • Yes with a top handle saw.
    • Yes with a rear handle saw.

A minor with a top handle in a tree...out on a limb did a step cut and the branch started to brake as i finished the cut so i droped the saw and went to catch the strop to lesson the jolt and grabbed the branch with my left hand but caught the moving chain with my right not to bad but a wake up call..still caught the branch though!

have put numerous saws in saw trousers and boots probably the worst was a ms 46 that didnt evan show no sighns of stopping the only reason i stopped cutting was becouse i could feel snow on my leg where the kevlar threads had pulled the trousers legs up ....the saw spat out the kevlar like saw dust and had cut through every layer in a matter of seconds!

but i recon ive been saved from serious chainsaw injury atleast 5 times from PPE.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cut my watch of with 020, slipped on a p##s wet through sycamore whilst been badly positioned in tree,knew i had done it by the cut through my waterproof but didn't realise how close it had been until i got home and the wife made me get all my wet clothing of in the kitchen, watch fell on the floor because the saw had cut the face and strap.

still keep the watch as a momento :scared1:

How can anyone control a chain saw with one hand, it is impossible and eventually will cause an accident, all for trying to save one minute against making doing the job properly, time can always be saved in other areas of the job buy using good equipment/gear and work as a team ect.

I personaly dont see the need to cut and hold or use a saw one handed, if you are know climbing systems and plan your work you should be able to do the job safely and at a productive pace.IMO

Can we please not turn this thread into an argument over one handed chainsaw use.

A minor with a top handle in a tree...out on a limb did a step cut and the branch started to brake as i finished the cut so i droped the saw and went to catch the strop to lesson the jolt and grabbed the branch with my left hand but caught the moving chain with my right not to bad but a wake up call..still caught the branch though!

have put numerous saws in saw trousers and boots probably the worst was a ms 46 that didnt evan show no sighns of stopping the only reason i stopped cutting was becouse i could feel snow on my leg where the kevlar threads had pulled the trousers legs up ....the saw spat out the kevlar like saw dust and had cut through every layer in a matter of seconds!

but i recon ive been saved from serious chainsaw injury atleast 5 times from PPE.

I find that a little disturbing Matt. I can completley empathise with the climbing accident as I reckon most of us have had a branch let go early and dropped the saw to catch it.

But the rest of your post ! I'm not having a go but in 16 years of chainsaw use in every enviroment possible I've never even nicked my trousers !

I find that a little disturbing Matt. I can completley empathise with the climbing accident as I reckon most of us have had a branch let go early and dropped the saw to catch it.

But the rest of your post ! I'm not having a go but in 16 years of chainsaw use in every enviroment possible I've never even nicked my trousers !

16years and never ever once caught your pants or nicked the boot end, come on i thought this was cards on the table honesty time.

it may just be me but i don't believe any of us long termers can say we have never nicked our pants or boots.

I think its maybe becouse i was extreamly over confident in saw trousers the ms 46 incident strangely put a stop to that...thats over a 16 year period too and 3 would of been in leylandii hedge topping with 200ts and having to cut very close to my self to be able to move ,the other logging and the saw kicking back across a boot.

none at all in the last 6 years though... but i agree buzz it aint to clever:thumbdown: