When are Planes nasty??

skyhuck

The hairs also trap all the pollution if they're in a city or near a major road so there's all that lovely sulphur and other nasties floating into your lungs. Also when you blow your nose after working on them your snot is just black for a couple of days.:puke:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done a few big planes this year and a few small ones:thumbdown:

What i can say is at the start of summer (June/July) the small plane i pruned was horrendous!!:cursing: and the big one not so bad. One of my colleagues who smokes 20-40 a day, had no problems and found it quite amusing that we were all choking our guts up!?

I pruned two Big ones last week, one on a wet day and one on a dry and i had no problems what so ever, and i normally have a bad reaction to them, so i think the worst is over:001_cool:

The hairs also trap all the pollution if they're in a city or near a major road so there's all that lovely sulphur and other nasties floating into your lungs. Also when you blow your nose after working on them your snot is just black for a couple of days.:puke:

nowt more satisfying than picking black bogeys that are like bricks with soot and plane fibres!:lol:

Doing them in the wet shouldn't be a problem in your part of the world.

Maybe you could block off the opening to the chip box with hessian or something to "filter" the air coming back out, might help a bit. I have never done one either, they are thin on the ground up here.

Me and Todd removed a very small one a few years back, it was in a row street trees we were removing, we coughed like mad far a short and then were fine, but it was a very small tree.

I'm going to put in a price that will cover buying a couple of decent masks and goggles.

Things are tight round here just now and they are getting two prices, if I'm not very keen with my price I won't get it, so I think I'll let this one go.

It in on a road closure, were other work is being done, so I can't wait for rain.

Thanks very much for all the input guys, its a big help!!!:thumbup1: