Glasses or lenses?

Daniël Bos

Thanks guys, really helpfull advice there.

I had not considered lasering, but will definately look into it! How much £'s ?

I've got some hard lenses (I think, should last a month?) waiting at the opticians and will get them thursday when I'm near there.

Does anyone that wear lenses also wear glasses (maybe for particular jobs, light or to leek clever?) as I thought it would be good to have a pair as a back-up?

Looking forward to less staring at stuff and less tired eyes!

I payed £395/eye all in, with no hidden costs through Optimax about 15 years ago, I've just checked their website and it starts at the same price depending on the type of surgery required, definately worth consideration imo:thumbup1:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I payed £395/eye all in, with no hidden costs through Optimax about 15 years ago, I've just checked their website and it starts at the same price depending on the type of surgery required, definately worth consideration imo:thumbup1:

Sounds quite cheap considering a year's supply of dail disposables is about the same price (?).

My mum's just had eye surgery (exceptionally fast cataracts, losing sight completely in weeks) and she had lasering as well as "de-misting". The surgery fixed her cataracts, but the lasering changed her world. When she came home she was amazed at how old and wrinkled my dad looks, how dusty her house is and more worrying; how clear all the road-signs were:thumbup:

I have heard similar stories here in the states. Was considering RC surgery myself a few years back but the doctor told me it could affect my night vision. Glasses/contacts for me for now. Rover I will be expecting pictures of your new eye wear regardless of your choice!

easy-lift guy

If you get off on that sort of thing I'll gladly do that for you:thumbup::lol:

I've worn specs all my life, yes there are hassles with steaming up, rain, dust and so on, but one they're on I rarely think about them all day. A colleague of mine wears lenses all the time, One little bit of sawdust and his eyes seem to get infected instantly, well certainly inside the working day, and then he's scuppered. Would i consider lenses? No.

Had this now for 12 years so contacts are My only option.

I have gas permiable glass contacts and they hurt like hell if I get dust inbetween them and My eye.

Keratoconus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One contact is made here in England the other in Germany and last 18 months unless I loose them or they get scratched.

Only ever wanted to go into the Parachute regiment but the eye condition ruled that out as an option :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: