What's on your bench today?

spudulike

My girlfriends 550 after a new oil pump , clutch , piston and ring and light port work, saw already had a muffler mod but was relieved after a chat with Steve about opening up ports to much ,it ran great after ringing up some sycamore.. Pick up and revs still great and no apparent torque loss and should get stronger once the ring has bedded in properly.

Can start on the dolmar 166 :)

I think I've seen that saw before?

28", .063, N2905 will probably stand for either a hard nose and the mount pattern, or if it's a roller nose, then it'll be the chain size and mount pattern

For the chain size, the next size up is 7/16" then 1/2". Both are extremely rare chain sizes

I went for an Oregon type 59 which is .063 gauge (1.6mm) and .404 pitch (7/16), according to the Oregon site type 59 is a replacement for the old type 52 and one of the old chains I had was stamped 52 on the drive link. The bar I have is solid tip.

How I hate doing part jobs.

Customer comes in last week with an 011AV which looks like it had not been used in years. "could ya just get the oiler working? everything else is fine"

So I say "are you sure?, it looks like it has not been used in years"

He says "absolutely nothing else, it was running fine when last used, a year or so ago, so it will be fine now"

So I confirm " OK, as long as it will start I will check and repair the oiler, nothing else, but if it has not been used for a year there is a fair chance it will need a bit more work", to which he replies "NO, its running fine"

Today, with the oiler repaired and tested, with the engine spluttering and exhaust stinking, the "could ya just" job is done.

When the customer picks it up he says "good as new now, is it? Ready to use?"

To which I reply "the oiler is good as new, the saw really needs a service and a sharpen before you can use it properly"

"Oh, I need to use it, not much good to me if it does not run properly is it?"

GRrrr!

How I hate doing part jobs.

Customer comes in last week with an 011AV which looks like it had not been used in years. "could ya just get the oiler working? everything else is fine"

So I say "are you sure?, it looks like it has not been used in years"

He says "absolutely nothing else, it was running fine when last used, a year or so ago, so it will be fine now"

So I confirm " OK, as long as it will start I will check and repair the oiler, nothing else, but if it has not been used for a year there is a fair chance it will need a bit more work", to which he replies "NO, its running fine"

Today, with the oiler repaired and tested, with the engine spluttering and exhaust stinking, the "could ya just" job is done.

When the customer picks it up he says "good as new now, is it? Ready to use?"

To which I reply "the oiler is good as new, the saw really needs a service and a sharpen before you can use it properly"

"Oh, I need to use it, not much good to me if it does not run properly is it?"

GRrrr!

Worst part of it is ..You can never be sure that the beggars won't bad mouth you as though its your fault the thing isn't 100 % !!

You can only say what you said to him or say "no ta" to the job ..!

Worst part of it is ..You can never be sure that the beggars won't bad mouth you as though its your fault the thing isn't 100 % !!

You can only say what you said to him or say "no ta" to the job ..!

That's part of the problem, the next thing is he is likely to be back saying "this is not running right, and you have only just serviced it"!