What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Hmm so what have I been upto saw wise this week.

Stihl 026 muffler mod and retune after fitting a later ms260 carb. Needed a bit if trimming in the airbox area as altho the carb is a straight swap the ms260 mixture screws foul the airbox area casing.

Secondly a Husqvarna 325hs75 hedgetrimmer with a mullered drive in the gearbox. The bearing had exploded on the end on 1 of the conrods no doubt due to being pushed passed its limits cutting. Parts on order from Husqvarna

Thirdly stripped/split crankcases on a Husqvarna 394. Ive hopefully bought what equates to "nearly" 2 394xp parts saws which are totally stripped right down so hoping I can rebuild a good one and have a few spare parts along the way. Hopefully I will do a ground up build from scratch, take pics etc and give it a thread on its own when the "box of bits" arrives....

Interesting MS200T, broken flywheel fin, buggered starter pulley -traced it back to a big dent to the front of the saw - this pushed the coil in and belted the flywheel, it busted off a fin that took out the pulley - call me Sherlock:lol:

I ported the saw and fixed the dodgy accelerator pump in the carb plus a multitude of other smaller issues including a dodgy clutch drum, a damaged internal cover etc etc

DSCF1676.jpg.2d714c84893cd32a4c67d0554bbc4767.jpg

DSCF1674.jpg.438ece7a3ada5c99430810d2c2d6dcc3.jpg

DSCF1673.jpg.2f501c571af3bceb43805430145b2175.jpg

DSCF1672.jpg.08006d4597a088f5a9643b65be72d0a0.jpg

Only had one saw in in two weeks, 036 not oiling, broken oil pipe. Everything else has been plant or trucks, and I'm enjoying getting back to using the big boy tools (33mm spanners and above) also getting my ooveralls covered in oil and grease

Only had one saw in in two weeks, 036 not oiling, broken oil pipe. Everything else has been plant or trucks, and I'm enjoying getting back to using the big boy tools (33mm spanners and above) also getting my ooveralls covered in oil and grease

Wondered where you had got to Rich, glad you are busy:thumbup:

To be honest my nights havnt been good and I've. Had been in bed by 7. not too bad tonight but I keep getting moaned at for over doing it.

I didn't see your post but spoke to Barrie a while ago and he filled me in - hope it is something that you can fight and come out the other side!

Not good feeling like crap

What do you find is the best way to seal the exhaust port on the 200t when doing a pressure check?

I remove one bolt and slide a piece of rubber in from the side and then just tighten the exhaust down with the one bolt, is this what you do?

Just I always wonder if its a good enough seal.

Well the 3120XP is up and running, it has been a bugger, having plugged the leaking hole in the crank for oiling the needle bearing - it has a hole running through to the crankcase with a one way valve that had gone...I found the seal on the clutch side was shot.

I replaced this seal and then found it was perfect on pressure but leaking on vacuum...at around 11.00pm last night:001_rolleyes: Grrrrrr

Managed to get the flywheel off and verify the other seal was leaking - got it replaced today and then had to wind in the carb idle screw three turns where the owner had been compensating for the air leaks - it had a slight seize so fitted a new piston and all seems good - opened up the slots in the muffler and it roars now:thumbup:

Stihl Contra now fitted with a new carb kit - will tach tomorrow:thumbup: