What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Stihl 051av giving me much greif :thumbdown:

Got the saw as non runner. Impulse pipe split, removed cylinder and some of the coating had gone a miss!

Fitted new after market cylinder, stihl piston and rings, new fuel and impulse hose, new manifold and exhaust gaskets, just today fitted new carb kit.

The saws a pig! Did have it running a few weeks ago would start and run, stop then restart, and was fine (ish) carb didnt feel set properly when tried cutting. Turn it off and wouldnt start again. Seems to flood a lot. Sometimes it will run for 30 secs or so then just cuts out. Got it started today (after a lot of flooding and messing about!) and it sounded very good.... then just cut out after 30 seconds or so :thumbdown:

This is the last project for me! (one that i buy in anyhow!!!!!)

Anyone help?

Metering arm looks set fine, carb settings as manufacturers state, seems to have a nice blue spark

im in too deep without a paddle :blushing:

Been given an 046 to have a look over the chap I work for on occasion said it just died one day and got chucked in the shed, anyway had a look over removed the muffler and the piston is knackered and the rings were stuck in the Grooves, he said to me don't worry about spending on it if it needs anything.....

Thing is he won't mind if I tart it up to use myself :D cylinder is in good nick what are thoughts about putting one of these pistons in?

1394050289740.jpg.851a6f36c0b05ea5426a460a25b77c36.jpg

This seems a bit random, but one person will know what it means!!

Happy with this mate?

It will be on its way tomorrow.

[ATTACH]150630[/ATTACH]

Not sure what you mean, what is this strange part, never seen one before in my life - OK it's for a poorly pole trimmer I picked up and Barrie, being an Echo dealer, was kind enough to help me - thanks bud, always good:thumbup:

I may have to post how you pull that gear apart, got the bearing off and found the circlip:thumbup:

That part number on the bag.......what a life:001_rolleyes::lol:

I fitted one of these in a seized MS460 some three years ago, all was good............until the owner dropped a tree on the handle:001_rolleyes: It now has a new handle and is running again:thumbup:

Meteor are as close to OEM that you will get and will work damn well - worth the extra money IMO:thumbup:

Not sure what you mean, what is this strange part, never seen one before in my life - OK it's for a poorly pole trimmer I picked up and Barrie, being an Echo dealer, was kind enough to help me - thanks bud, always good:thumbup:

I may have to post how you pull that gear apart, got the bearing off and found the circlip:thumbup:

That part number on the bag.......what a life:001_rolleyes::lol:

As you can see Steve, even though the older number was ordered, the newer one arrived, so all is good after all. It did not arrive until about 4:30, so will be posted on tomorrow.