What's on your bench today?

spudulike

After a morning of stihl hedge cutters and 026 saws I was about to go for lunch right after I greased up the backhoe. Until.

I got asked to help fire up one of the field Marshall single pot tractors. It's being used for a christmas thing to tow Santa.

It hadn't been started for a year apparently so may be a bother. Yeah right....

Tuned it over on the crank to get the oil circulated. Then removed the old starter shell. Turned it to tdc, new shotgun cartridge starter in place. One wack with a hammer and away it went.

I love these old tractors. A single thump thump thump thump on tick over. Ran perfectly.

Now just another 4 to start and a few other makes.

On another note. I'm in need of a brake handle, bolt bushing. The metal part that goes between the bolt and the handle to allow the handle to move. It's for a 026 saw.

Just asking before I go ordering just this one bit. If I needed anything else I would order it with them.

Hang on rich! How old is that tractor? I've only ever heard of the cartridge starters on really old prop planes!

090 is refusing to start, looks like something to do with the points ignition, oh how I love these stupid old obsolete moronic ideas!

And the 051 has eaten it's starter assembly! It was bogging in the cut earlier, so I wanted to comp test it, went to start it and the pull cord, and nothing happened other than the rope fully extended...

Wünderbar!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have no idea. But it's really old, the owner has 5 field marshals, he restored every one when he was a bit younger.

The starting is as follows.

Turn engine over with cranking handle. About 12 times to circulate oil.

Remove old cartridge.

Turn engine to tdc, insert new cartridge, hit with hammer on cartridge holder.

BANG and away she goes. Loved the noise.

But strangely still had the butterflies in my stomach before it started.

Here you go.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Rich2484

Tuned it over on the crank to get the oil circulated. Then removed the old starter shell. Turned it to tdc, new shotgun cartridge starter in place. One wack with a hammer and away it went.

They have one of those at a local agricultural show every year and I love to watch it being "fired up" if it's the one I am thinking of. It has twin front wheels very close together and when it's stood on tick over the front jumps up and down.

They have one of those at a local agricultural show every year and I love to watch it being "fired up" if it's the one I am thinking of. It has twin front wheels very close together and when it's stood on tick over the front jumps up and down.

That's it. Just jumps every time it fires. But these ones don't have twin wheels on front.

He used to show them but not for a while now. There his retirement fund :thumbup1: