What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The Stihl clutch drum e-clip flew, as they sometimes do. I did not hear it land this time, so thought I had lost it. I took my reading glasses off so I could look around for it on the floor, could not find it so went to put my glasses on to look for a new one in the drawer...and found the original:biggrin:

What are the chances?

P1000612.jpg.ef4816c7dd6a01e175c05bd0a982da49.jpg

The Stihl clutch drum e-clip flew, as they sometimes do. I did not hear it land this time, so thought I had lost it. I took my reading glasses off so I could look around for it on the floor, could not find it so went to put my glasses on to look for a new one in the drawer...and found the original:biggrin:

What are the chances?

[ATTACH]140475[/ATTACH]

:lol: serendipity .

Yes, I am a bit ashamed of they really. I did not know how dirty they were until I saw them on the PC screen.:blushing:

First job in the morning........

Never apologise! If yer not getting dirty, yer not a man. Or, er, sumfin.

What are the chances?

[ATTACH]140475[/ATTACH]

What's the chances I was just going to ask about this:blushing:

Daft question really but see the washer it sits against...What way round does it go? Had mine apart the other day to change the oil pump and there a bit of movement between the E clip washer and drum:confused1:

Looks to me like the drive for the pump has been coming out of the notch and running round the edge of the drum. The saws in work and I'm off for 2weeks and it's been bugging me. Thanks in advance

Thought I would replace this bit:biggrin:

hope it has the desired result, if not get the epoxy out.

H-A

Thats the little fecker - the later ones are stainless so don't wear but the early ones are plated brass and do. Should be OK unless the bore is worn.

That is if the pump is the real route cause:blushing::lol:

What are the chances?

[ATTACH]140475[/ATTACH]

Blimey Barrie, are you slowly going crazy in that workshop of yours old boy, next you will be walking round looking for the glasses that are perched on the end of your nose:001_rolleyes::lol:

What's the chances I was just going to ask about this:blushing:

Daft question really but see the washer it sits against...What way round does it go? Had mine apart the other day to change the oil pump and there a bit of movement between the E clip washer and drum:confused1:

Looks to me like the drive for the pump has been coming out of the notch and running round the edge of the drum. The saws in work and I'm off for 2weeks and it's been bugging me. Thanks in advance

Recessed edge out wards, so it's flat against the teeth. Then the clip sits in the groove as such. Hth.

There is a small amount of play in them anyway.